Snacks that will have you feeling your best
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- In need of a nosh? Chips are a common go-to snack, but there are so many different foods that can really do a body good while providing great taste.
Currently, there isn't one food that can make you happy, energized and thin, although there are a handful that can do just that if you are adding them to your grocery cart with frequency. There are superfoods that will have you feeling your best.
It's magnesium that has legumes labeled a super star, but they are often overlooked. Magnesium, which is needed in energy production, helps energy molecules get to where they're needed. That's a plus, especially if you exercise.
Did you know that walnuts are one of the best sources of serotonin? Walnuts, hazelnuts and almonds can keep you calm. Serotonin is one the brain chemicals known for brightening mood.
Berries are the produce to pop if you want to boost brain power. It is thought that the antioxidant anthocyanins in berries helps keep the brain from aging.
It's been a long time since the grapefruit diet was popular, but recent research shows, on average, women who consumed grapefruit or it's juice weighed nearly 10 pounds less with lower body fat than non-grapefruit eating counterparts. Grapefruit helps you feel full and satisfied on fewer calories along with providing vitamin C, magnesium and potassium.
Other slimming snacks are those with jackets on. For example, working at getting the shell of a pistachio, the wrapper of a chocolate kiss or even cracked crab can slow down your appetite.
It turns out you can drink down these benefits, too. Green tea slowed weight gain, and that energetic buzz you get from coffee also improves memory.
health, diet, food coach, lori corbin
- Oklahoma tornado: Recovery effort under way 53 min ago
- Greuel, Garcetti face off on Election Day
- Undersheriff Tanaka speaks out against Baca
- 'DWTS': Zendaya holds lead in final four
- LAPD officer accused of lewd acts w/ 2 girls
- 3 charged in bizarre East LA '12 bank robbery
- Video: Pit bull owners rally against discrimination
- Girl escapes brazen kidnap attempt in OC
- UC hospital workers strike over understaffing 12 min ago
- NKorea on day 3 of short-range weapon launches
- abcnews: Apple CEO defends offshore tax policy
- Heart rate fitness tool helps burn calories 5 min ago
- Ray Manzarek, The Doors founder, dies at 74
- OTRC: 'Dancing With The Stars' recap - week 10