Snacks that will have you feeling your best
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- In need of a nosh? Chips are a common go-to snack, but there are so many different foods that can really do a body good while providing great taste.
Currently, there isn't one food that can make you happy, energized and thin, although there are a handful that can do just that if you are adding them to your grocery cart with frequency. There are superfoods that will have you feeling your best.
It's magnesium that has legumes labeled a super star, but they are often overlooked. Magnesium, which is needed in energy production, helps energy molecules get to where they're needed. That's a plus, especially if you exercise.
Did you know that walnuts are one of the best sources of serotonin? Walnuts, hazelnuts and almonds can keep you calm. Serotonin is one the brain chemicals known for brightening mood.
Berries are the produce to pop if you want to boost brain power. It is thought that the antioxidant anthocyanins in berries helps keep the brain from aging.
It's been a long time since the grapefruit diet was popular, but recent research shows, on average, women who consumed grapefruit or it's juice weighed nearly 10 pounds less with lower body fat than non-grapefruit eating counterparts. Grapefruit helps you feel full and satisfied on fewer calories along with providing vitamin C, magnesium and potassium.
Other slimming snacks are those with jackets on. For example, working at getting the shell of a pistachio, the wrapper of a chocolate kiss or even cracked crab can slow down your appetite.
It turns out you can drink down these benefits, too. Green tea slowed weight gain, and that energetic buzz you get from coffee also improves memory.
health, diet, food coach, lori corbin
- Man killed in South Los Angeles hit-and-run 32 min ago
- Flasher strikes UC Riverside, community college 48 min ago
- Trailer spills rocks on westbound 10 Freeway 28 min ago
- Victory for mom who sued TSA over breast milk
- Child welfare system 'in crisis': Commission
- OC school band chosen to march in Rose Parade
- Reward offered in Long Beach pelican attack
- SD police guns stolen during LA charity game
- Aereo case: Justices skeptical, concerned
- Object found in Australia likely not from jet
- abcnews: Navy officer reunited with wife, daughters 43 min ago
- South Korea ferry accident death toll now 135
- 4 Hollywood execs deny sexual abuse claims
- OTRC: Drew Barrymore gives birth to baby No. 2