Host your own online food show with new Tastemade app
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Are you a chef or food blogger in the making? A new app makes it possible to produce your own food show just by pressing a few buttons.
"To be able to shoot, edit and upload your own show in minutes from your phone, we thought that was pretty powerful," said Tastemade co-founder Steven Kydd.
Steven Kydd and partners created Tastemade in hopes of being the first global food network on the Internet.
"Our mission is to connect the world through food," said Kydd.
They've partnered with YouTube to cook up a food-lovers app.
"Food lovers from around the world have created their own shows, basically, on YouTube and what we have done within our Tastemade network, we've aggregated all those channels to be under one umbrella for food," said Tastemaker co-founder Joe Perez.
In their first year, the tech-savvy founders have connected 100 foodie channels, and they reach 12 million people every month worldwide.
There's also the Tastemade studios in Santa Monica, open to chefs, bloggers and stylists to use.
But for the common food lover who simply loves to share what they love to eat, it's the app that whets the public's appetite.
"That app kind of takes all the bells and whistles that we do here and actually allows you to do it directly in your phone," said Kydd.
I got a personal demonstration with Perez using baked goods from a local cafe.
The step-by-step instructions show you how to shoot video clips, pick a song and chat a bit about what you're eating.
When the elements are in place, it's uploaded on your iPhone to share -- they are working on an application for other smartphones.
"Just send it to their friends or send to their Twitter audience or their Facebook friends outside of the app," said Perez.
If it's good it'll be featured on Tastemade.
"Think of it as a studio in your hand," said Kydd.
food, technology, food coach, lori corbin
- Suspect arrested in Hollywood severed head case 37 min ago
- Man found dead in ransacked Westmont home
- Malaysia missing jet: 'Every angle' probed
- Car crashes into OC yard; 2 killed, 1 injured
- Stage collapses at OC high school; 25 injured
- Suspect arrested for Dana Point shooting
- 3 attacked by bees in La Canada Flintridge
- Pedestrians fatally struck in Norwalk ID'd
- 6.9-magnitude earthquake hits NorCal coast
- Pistorius vomits during graphic testimony
- abcnews: Dog helps Army vet overcome PTSD
- Effexor recalled due to possible contamination
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90 12 min ago
- OTRC: Stacy Keibler weds boyfriend Jared Pobre
- Latest weather with Bri Winkler
24 min ago