Health & Food
Brain injury study adds to Alzheimer's enigma
Why are brain injury patients more likely to get Alzheimer's? Scientists took a peek inside the brain to find out. What they found surprised them.
Italian researchers tracked the production of amyloid beta following brain injury.
This protein is notorious for causing the brain plaque in Alzheimer's. But doctors found an increase in amyloid beta meant a patient was actually recovering. It signaled increased brain activity.
The next step is to figure out why this protein turns into harmful plaque later on.
health & food, denise dador
- Missing hiker rescued in Santa Clarita canyon 31 min ago
- Missing jetliner made it to Malacca Strait 58 min ago
- Lead found in soil at homes, school in Vernon 46 min ago
- Overturned big rig shuts lanes on 91 East
- Prosecutor: OC couple's murder not about money
- Remains of Hollywood Park racehorse exhumed
- Suspect arrested in Hollywood severed head case
- Japan tsunami disasters: 3rd anniversary 4 min ago
- Pistorius shot gun out car sunroof - friend
- Crimea's parliament pushes for independence 17 min ago
- Men's Wearhouse buys Jos. A. Bank for $1.8M
- abcnews: Family calls 911, held hostage by pet cat
- Justin Bieber gets mad in deposition video
- OTRC: Taylor Swift: Billboard's No. 1 money maker 38 min ago