Best skin care products in drugstores
LOS ANGELES, Calif. (KABC) -- When it comes to skin care, you don't have to pay a lot of money to get the best products.
Dermatologist Shirley Chi says many drug store brands contain the same ingredients as the high-end brands.
On the top of Dr. Chi's anti-aging list is Olay Regenerist Serum.
"This is a dermatologist favorite and it's not going to break your bank," said Dr. Chi. "It has penta peptides in it, which is great for anti-aging and smoothing out your skin. And it's just as good as some of the brands that you can find at the department store store that are hundreds of dollars."
At night, Dr. Chi recommends Olay's new Pro-X Cream because it has a Vitamin B3 complex that may reduce the effects of sun damage. For people with sensitive skin, she likes La Roche-Posay's $22 Toleriane Riche.
As for wrinkle removers, many drug store products claim to be Botox without needles, but Dr. Chi disagrees.
"There is no cream that can replace how effective Botox is," said Chi.
Instead she recommends ingredients with some science behind it like La Roche-Posay's Active C Anti-Aging cream and ROC Deep Wrinkle Correction.
As for expensive eye creams you may be addicted to, Dr. Chi says you don't need them especially if you're using other anti-aging products.
For a cleanser, she likes Cetaphil for $13 followed by the $21 Toleriane Purifying Foaming Cream.
While she recommends Neutrogena's exfoliating device she says you can do the same with a wash cloth. Just move it around in a gentle circular motion.
Complete list of Dr. Shirley Chi's skin care picks:
Olay Pro-X Wrinkle Smoothing Cream -- $47
Olay Regenerist Serum -- $21.99
La Roche-Posay Active C -- $43.50
Neutrogena Skin Rejuvenator -- $39.99 (says just as good as $200 ones)
ROC Wrinkle Cream -- $22
U Med Face Lift -- $29.99
Neutrogena Ultra Sheer (Lip Soother) -- $7.99
Toleriane Riche - Night Cream Moisturizer -- $22
Cetaphil (good for sensitive skin) -- $13.49
CeraVe -- $12.99
Netrogena Alcohol-Free Toner -- $7.99
La Roche-Posay Effaclar (toner) -- $19.50
Toleriane Foaming Cream Cleanser -- $21
La Roche-Posay Anthelios UVB 40 -- $32
MORE L.A. BREAKING NEWS, WEATHER, TRAFFIC, SPORTS
SEND TIP || REPORT TYPO || TWEET @abc7 || WIDGET
healthy living, denise dador
- Glendale Galleria $85K bracelet thief sought
- Colorado shooting victim dies at hospital
- Reseda shooting suspect ID'ed as Iraq war vet
- Shoppers flock to stores for last-minute gifts
- Compton chase victim remembered by loved ones
- Van Nuys arsonist suspect sought by LAFD
- HB riot suspect sentenced to 12 days in jail
- Man arrested for suspected arson in Oxnard
- US holiday travelers brace for ice and snow
- Astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs
- abcnews: Army's new weapon can shoot down drones
- SUV makers unveil new efficient features
- Amy Adams talks playing sexy con artist
- OTRC: Chuck Norris spoofs Van Damme's 'Epic Split'