Elevated insulin a link to breast cancer?
NEW YORK (KABC) -- A new study on breast cancer shows elevated insulin may be a risk factor for postmenopausal women.
Researchers at Albert Einstein College of Medicine of Yeshiva University in New York looked at data on 5,450 women.
Researchers also found the link was stronger for thin women than for obese women, who tend to have higher insulin levels.
They now recommend postmenopausal women keep insulin levels down through diet and exercise.
The findings are published online in the International Journal of Cancer.
- Colorado shooting victim dies at hospital 27 min ago
- Reseda shooting suspect ID'ed as Iraq war vet
- Shoppers flock to stores for last-minute gifts
- Astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs
- Driver shot, injured on 14 Fwy in Palmdale
- Boy, 11, on scooter struck by tractor-trailer
- Tour bus crash in Corona: 91-yr-old man dies
- BART, labor union leaders reach new deal
- NJ mall carjacking, shooting: 4 men arrested
- US holiday travelers brace for foul weather
- abcnews: Army's new weapon can shoot down drones
- US military aircraft hit in S. Sudan, 4 hurt
- Beyonce surprises fans at Mass. Wal-Mart
- OTRC: Chuck Norris spoofs Van Damme's 'Epic Split'