Elevated insulin a link to breast cancer?
NEW YORK (KABC) -- A new study on breast cancer shows elevated insulin may be a risk factor for postmenopausal women.
Researchers at Albert Einstein College of Medicine of Yeshiva University in New York looked at data on 5,450 women.
Researchers also found the link was stronger for thin women than for obese women, who tend to have higher insulin levels.
They now recommend postmenopausal women keep insulin levels down through diet and exercise.
The findings are published online in the International Journal of Cancer.
- Tornado hits Oklahoma City suburbs; 51 dead
- Undersheriff Tanaka speaks out against Baca 8 min ago
- 3 charged in bizarre East LA '12 bank robbery
- Greuel, Garcetti make final stops across LA
- Video: Pit bull owners rally against discrimination
- Girl escapes brazen kidnap attempt in OC
- Elephant meat, dead primate seized at LAX
- Laguna Beach sex assault suspect surrenders
- UC hospital workers to strike over higher pay
- abcnews: Hofstra student killed in police standoff
- NKorea on day 3 of short-range weapon launches
- Does your child have oral allergy syndrome?
- Ray Manzarek, The Doors founder, dies at 74
- OTRC: 'Dancing With The Stars' recap - week 10