Health & Food
PTSD could cause clogged arteries
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Post traumatic stress disorder is an anxiety disorder, but it can also contribute to clogged arteries.
A recent UCLA study looked at heart scans from 637 veterans and researchers found that both men and women with PTSD had more calcium buildup in their arteries versus veterans who didn't suffer from PTSD.
The risk was even higher when experts accounted for other factors, like high blood pressure, high cholesterol and diabetes.
ucla, afghanistan war, u.s. troops, health & food
- Vandals break in, trash church in Palmdale
- Calif. law takes effect on microstamping guns
- Machete-wielding man shot by Inglewood police
- Body found near area where hiker went missing
- Deputies shoot, kill armed man during fight
- 1 arrested, 2 outstanding after VC pursuit
- IE woman punches officer, tries to take Taser
- Deputies rescue stranded Swedish family 3 min ago
- Tornadoes sweep across Kansas and Oklahoma 16 min ago
- abcnews: 1st lady jokes about president's failures
- Beckham in tears as he bids farewell to Paris 25 min ago
- Swift to perform at Billboard Music Awards 14 min ago
- 'Star Trek' tops box office with $70.6M debut
- OTRC: Billboard Music Awards 2013 nominees list