Health & Food
Anthem Blue Cross raising rates for 150K policy holders
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- California's largest health insurer is raising rates again.
Anthem Blue Cross is announcing a hike of about 15 percent for more than 150,000 policy holders.
The change, which is slated to take affect April 1, will not impact policy holders who saw a 39 percent rate hike last year.
A spokesperson for the insurer says these new hikes were vetted by an independent actuary to ensure that they were in compliance with law.
health insurance, health & food
- TWA Flight 800 documentary hints at cover-up
- West Hills murder suspect to appear in court
- Metro Red, Purple lines now requires TAP card
- Journalist Michael Hastings dies in LA crash
- 3.1-magnitude earthquake jolts Inland Empire
- Woman sought in Santa Ana Chase Bank robbery
- Ex-LA deputy alleges corruption in department
- Ex-USC professor on FBI wanted list arrested
- Fed says it will maintain bond purchase pace 52 min ago
- abcnews: Marine returns from war as underwear model
- Natura recalls pet food after salmonella test
- Paris, Prince Jackson refute chef's testimony
- James Franco seeks $500K to bankroll movies 37 min ago
- OTRC: 'Anchorman 2' new trailer (Video)