Health & Food
Study says breastfeeding increases brain size
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Here's another reason to breastfeed your baby.
A new study says it may increase the size of their brain. The study out of the United Kingdom also links longer pregnancies to larger brains.
Researchers looked at the effect of breastfeeding on the brains of 128 mammals, including humans. Scientists aren't sure what it is in breast milk that appears to increase brain size.
The World Health Organization recommends that mothers breastfeed for 18 months to two years.
women's health, pregnancy, health & food
- Fallbrook bus crash leaves 1 dead, 22 hurt 12 min ago
- Tour bus rolls over on 15 Freeway in Corona 1 min ago
- London theater partial collapse; 75+ hurt 3 min ago
- Rain, winds moving across Southern California
- Moorpark High closed after threatening note
- School hacking: Tutor wanted for questioning
- India wants NYC arrested diplomat case dropped
- Rodman in NKorea to prep for basketball game
- Kate Middleton phone messages read in court 21 min ago
- abcnews: Missing medical resident's car found
- Kobe Bryant injured again, will miss 6 weeks
- Katie Couric's talk show to end this summer 38 min ago
- Farrah Fawcett portrait belongs to O'Neal 14 min ago
- OTRC: Kristen Johnston diagnosed w/ Lupus Myelitis 55 min ago