Health & Food
Study says breastfeeding increases brain size
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Here's another reason to breastfeed your baby.
A new study says it may increase the size of their brain. The study out of the United Kingdom also links longer pregnancies to larger brains.
Researchers looked at the effect of breastfeeding on the brains of 128 mammals, including humans. Scientists aren't sure what it is in breast milk that appears to increase brain size.
The World Health Organization recommends that mothers breastfeed for 18 months to two years.
women's health, pregnancy, health & food
- Malaysia Airlines flight goes missing
- LAPD officer killed in Beverly Hills crash
- 3.2-magnitude earthquake hits Marina del Rey
- Salon owner charged in murder-for-hire plot
- San Juan Capistrano murders: Son arrested
- Fatal South LA fire determined suspicious
- Oxnard residents burglarize home
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- abcnews: Meat contaminated w/ LSD sickens family
- Florida mom charged with attempted murder
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- Former NFL player Sharper to stay in jail
- Oprah gives away Essence cover dress to fan
- OTRC: Ke$ha leaves rehab after 2 months