Health & Food
Wine may help protect skin from sunburn
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Drinking wine and eating grapes may help protect your skin.
Spanish scientists said they've found substances in grapes that protect skin cells from sun damage.
Researchers looked at the chemical reaction in the skin when touched by UV rays from the sun. Flavonoids in the grapes can stop the chemical reaction that causes cells to die.
Scientists said this research could help develop products to protect skin from sunburn and even skin cancer.
The study is published in the Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry.
health, health & food
- Amber Alert issued for Long Beach boy 41 min ago
- Montclair hit-run kills woman, injures teen 19 min ago
- Suspect arrested in Hollywood severed head case
- Man found dead in ransacked Westmont home
- Suspect arrested for Dana Point shooting
- Car crashes into OC yard; 2 killed, 1 injured
- Malaysia missing jet: 'Every angle' probed
- Pistorius vomits during graphic testimony
- Minnesota lawmaker apologizes for NBA tweet 58 min ago
- abcnews: Convicted murderer of 7 awarded nearly $500K
- Sbarro files for second bankruptcy in 3 years
- Effexor recalled due to possible contamination
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- 'The Bachelor' finale: 5 things to know...