Health & Food
Women who drink alcohol daily stay healthy
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Middle-aged women who have a drink a day are more likely to stay healthy than those who don't drink.
That's according to a new study from researchers at Harvard University.
They found that women in their late 50's who averaged about three to 15 alcoholic drinks per week had nearly 30 percent higher odds of being free from chronic illness and mental health problems at age 70.
Researchers say the key is spreading out alcohol consumption throughout the week.
The study was published in the journal PLoS Medicine.
medical research, women's health, health & food
- Southland seeing cold temps, windy conditions
- Body of woman found on 5 Freeway in Santa Ana
- Car rally held in honor of actor Paul Walker
- Nelson Mandela remembered at South LA church
- Cyclist killed in crash w/ sheriff patrol car
- Small plane lands on 241 toll road in OC
- Man found dead inside Palmdale apartment
- IE shooting leaves 18-year-old man dead
- abcnews: Couple accused of Craigslist murder
- Storm along East Coast dumps snow, snarls traffic
- Ukraine sees largest anti-govt protest since 2004
- Kobe returns, but Raptors beat Lakers 106-94
- 'Frozen' tops box office in its 2nd week
- OTRC: Susan Boyle's Asperger's Syndrome diagnosis