Health & Food
STD home testing kiosks launched in LA County
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Testing for some sexually transmitted diseases is about to get easier and more discrete.
Los Angeles County health leaders are launching a series of high-tech kiosks to distribute home testing kits.
They say the kiosks will be cheaper than making clinic appointments and allow people to get kits in privacy. Users will be able to get test results online or by phone.
L.A. County leads the nation in chlamydia cases and is second in gonorrhea cases. Both can cause serious problems like sterility or issues in childbirth.
health & food
- Target probe focuses on processing centers
- Fallbrook tour bus crash: Victim identified
- Obama: 2014 can be breakthrough year for US
- Help Garth stuff buses full of toys in Anaheim
- Lancaster woman found dead; sons questioned 41 min ago
- Man found dead after house fire in Orange
- Calif. jobless rate continues positive trend 11 min ago
- Harry Reid in the hospital for observation
- Judge strikes down Utah's same-sex marriage ban
- abcnews: Service dog sniffs out girl's disease
- London theater collapse: Aging venues safe?
- Casey Kasem conservatorship deal reached
- 9-yr-old FL girl is youngest to bowl 300 game
- OTRC: Phil Robertson's fam talk 'Duck Dynasty' future