Health & Food
STD home testing kiosks launched in LA County
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Testing for some sexually transmitted diseases is about to get easier and more discrete.
Los Angeles County health leaders are launching a series of high-tech kiosks to distribute home testing kits.
They say the kiosks will be cheaper than making clinic appointments and allow people to get kits in privacy. Users will be able to get test results online or by phone.
L.A. County leads the nation in chlamydia cases and is second in gonorrhea cases. Both can cause serious problems like sterility or issues in childbirth.
health & food
- Delivery man fatally shot in South Los Angeles
- Westlake High coach accused of sex with teen
- Yucaipa High teacher accused of sex with teen
- 2 boys molested at different South Bay parks
- Woman assaulted near Pizza Hut in Lancaster
- 15-yr-old arrested after assaulting IE senior
- Del Taco customers charged thousands for meal
- Man's body found in vehicle in San Bernardino
- Earthquake strikes off Papua New Guinea
- abcnews: Eclectic early summer festivals
- SKorean sunken ferry captain, 2 crew arrested
- 13th body pulled following Everest avalanche
- Rooney to be buried at Hollywood Forever
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus postpones whole tour