Health & Food
STD home testing kiosks launched in LA County
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Testing for some sexually transmitted diseases is about to get easier and more discrete.
Los Angeles County health leaders are launching a series of high-tech kiosks to distribute home testing kits.
They say the kiosks will be cheaper than making clinic appointments and allow people to get kits in privacy. Users will be able to get test results online or by phone.
L.A. County leads the nation in chlamydia cases and is second in gonorrhea cases. Both can cause serious problems like sterility or issues in childbirth.
health & food
- Tornadoes strike Midwest; storms to persist 55 min ago
- Greuel, Garcetti make final stops across LA 15 min ago
- UC hospital workers to strike over higher pay
- Deputies gun down armed man during fight
- Man's body found in vacant apartment in IE
- Man shot, killed in Victorville; 1 arrested
- Hollywood High honored for musical theatre
- Girl, 10, fatally shot inside NorCal home 20 min ago
- 2 FBI agents killed in Va. training accident
- 6.5-mag quake hits coast of Chile; No tsunami
- abcnews: Hofstra student killed in police standoff
- Yahoo buys Tumblr in $1.1 billion deal
- Taylor Swift wins big at Billboard Awards
- Photos: Selena Gomez stuns at Billboard Awards 29 min ago