Health & Food
Glass of wine a day may strengthen bones
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A glass of wine a day may strengthen your bones, according to a new study out of Britain.
Researchers found that moderate amounts of wine appeared to boost bone density.
The study was conducted by assessing more than 1,000 pairs of female twins in their mid-50s.
Researchers emphasized that the benefits are only seen with moderate wine drinking. Heavy drinking is known to be a major risk for weak bones.
The study was published in the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition.
food, scientific study, health, health & food
- Mandela honored by world, South Africans 35 min ago
- South El Monte hospital fire triggers evacs 34 min ago
- Blustering winds, low temps hitting Southland
- Man who allegedly pranked coaches arrested
- Informant speaks out on jail abuse probe
- Spaccia convicted in Bell corruption trial
- OCTA votes against 405 Freeway toll lanes
- Glendale man gets 5 yrs in 'sextortion' case
- Storm snarls travel; power outages persist
- abcnews: Senate extends ban on plastic guns
- New cockroach found in NYC can withstand cold
- 6 finalists announced for 2013 Heisman trophy
- 'Saving Mr. Banks' tells 'Poppins' back story
- OTRC: Meredith Baxter weds partner Nancy Locke