Health & Food
Glass of wine a day may strengthen bones
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A glass of wine a day may strengthen your bones, according to a new study out of Britain.
Researchers found that moderate amounts of wine appeared to boost bone density.
The study was conducted by assessing more than 1,000 pairs of female twins in their mid-50s.
Researchers emphasized that the benefits are only seen with moderate wine drinking. Heavy drinking is known to be a major risk for weak bones.
The study was published in the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition.
food, scientific study, health, health & food
- Gusty winds elevate fire dangers in SoCal 35 min ago
- Compton teachers call in sick, want pay raise
- Bizarre East LA bank robbery trial begins
- Malaysia air force: Jet may have turned back
- Roommate arrested in Westmont homicide
- 39-year-old man found dead in Apple Valley 8 min ago
- LAPD crash: Funeral services announced
- Portion of 405 South to close for 2 nights
- 5 measles cases in Orange County confirmed
- 5-alarm fire burns at San Francisco building 45 min ago
- Colorado triple homicide: Friend arrested
- abcnews: Family calls 911, held hostage by pet cat
- Obama pushes health care on Funny or Die
- OTRC: Keith Richards releasing children's book