Health & Food
Glass of wine a day may strengthen bones
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A glass of wine a day may strengthen your bones, according to a new study out of Britain.
Researchers found that moderate amounts of wine appeared to boost bone density.
The study was conducted by assessing more than 1,000 pairs of female twins in their mid-50s.
Researchers emphasized that the benefits are only seen with moderate wine drinking. Heavy drinking is known to be a major risk for weak bones.
The study was published in the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition.
food, scientific study, health, health & food
- Gunman at large in East LA party shooting 18 min ago
- Drug boat washes ashore in Manhattan Beach 16 min ago
- 2 LB suspects accused of human trafficking
- Anaheim begins closing marijuana dispensaries
- OC teen to be tried as adult in dad beating
- Palmdale boy dies after allegedly being tortured
- Odor forces evacuation of Pasadena building
- Are bridges in Southern California safe?
- Committee approves dental care to Medi-Cal
- Truck in bridge collapse had permit to cross
- abcnews: WWII medals back after mistaken donation
- New flu vaccine made from tobacco plant in works
- 'The Rock' returns for 'Fast & Furious 6'
- OTRC: Vin Diesel denies steroids use (Video)