Health & Food
Strawberries can protect stomach from alcohol damage
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Having a drink? You might want to grab a bowl of strawberries first.
A new study shows a diet rich in the juicy fruit can stop alcohol from damaging the stomach lining.
A team of European researchers found strawberries could slow the formation of stomach ulcers.
Strawberries have long been known to have high antioxidant effects.
Gastritis, or inflammation of the stomach's mucous membrane, is related to alcohol consumption.
food, fda, health & food
- Authorities investigate body found in Laguna Hills
- Man burned in fire at Long Beach VA Hospital
- Mega Millions jackpot rockets to $425 million 32 min ago
- Help Garth stuff buses full of toys in Canoga Park
- 24 students arrested in school drug ring case
- Woman attacked at OC mall parking structure
- 3 Simi Valley schools face possible shutdown
- San Diego cross memorial removal ordered
- House easily approves bipartisan budget bill
- abcnews: Newtown priest speaks out on shooting
- NKorea executes leader's uncle as a traitor
- Giant lobster caught in Huntington Beach
- Beyonce releases surprise album on iTunes 14 min ago
- OTRC: Bradley Cooper talks 'American Hustle'
- Pasadena teen gets new family for holidays
50 min ago