Health & Food
Study: Weight-loss programs more effective than doctor visits
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A new British study says programs like Weight Watchers are more effective at helping you lose weight than your doctor.
The study found commercial weight-loss programs are not only more effective but they're also cheaper.
Researchers said that after 12 weeks, those in the study who used Weight Watchers lost, on average, nearly 10 pounds.
On the other hand, those who visited their doctor lost just over three pounds.
diet, scientific study, health & food
- Man found tied up, burned on 605 Freeway
- Boston bombing anniversary disrupted by hoax
- South Korea ferry sinks; 2 dead, 14 injured
- Victim's mother faces murder suspects in court
- State audit: Cudahy must repay $22.7 million
- San Pedro Elks Lodge fire may be suspicious
- Murrieta suspect fixated on girls' socks
- Teen caught egging homeless woman in Lancaster
- LA Register newspaper takes on digital age
- First women move into Army combat jobs
- abcnews: Conjoined twins leave Dallas hospital
- Photos: Boston Marathon bombing - 1 year later
- 'Fast & Furious' enlists Paul Walker's brothers
- OTRC: Ice Cube clarifies Paul Walker comments