Health & Food
Study: Weight-loss programs more effective than doctor visits
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A new British study says programs like Weight Watchers are more effective at helping you lose weight than your doctor.
The study found commercial weight-loss programs are not only more effective but they're also cheaper.
Researchers said that after 12 weeks, those in the study who used Weight Watchers lost, on average, nearly 10 pounds.
On the other hand, those who visited their doctor lost just over three pounds.
diet, scientific study, health & food
- Malaysia missing jet may have turned back
- Teen survives 5 Fwy crash, killed by traffic
- 2 persons of interest sought in LB attack
- LAPD officer recovering after fatal BH crash
- Stage collapse reported at Servite High School
- Bees attack 71-year-old woman in Palm Desert
- IE WWII Medal of Honor recipient laid to rest
- L.A. man wanted in attempted Banksy theft
- Obama to preserve California federal lands
- abcnews: Teens save man stuck in sewer
- Bond set for mom who drove kids into ocean
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- Sheila MacRae of 'The Honeymooners' dies
- OTRC: Khloe Kardashian topless in first Vine video