Health & Food
Study: Kiwis may help lower blood pressure
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- You've heard the expression "an apple a day keeps the doctor away." Well, that may also hold true for kiwis.
A new study found the fuzzy-seeded fruit may lower your blood pressure.
Researchers say patients with mildly high blood pressure who ate three kiwis a day for eight weeks had lower blood pressure than those who ate just an apple a day.
They say kiwis pack a lot of nutrition and are rich in antioxidants, which may be why the fruit can lower blood pressure.
health, health & food
- Woman attacked at OC mall parking structure 31 min ago
- Echo Park apartment fire deemed suspicious
- Woman in newlywed murder agrees to plea deal
- Sriracha distribution on hold for 30 days
- Bell's Rizzo to plead guilty to tax evasion 54 min ago
- Arleta deadly road rage suspect identified
- Car slams into Ventura house; driver arrested
- NKorea executes leader's uncle as a traitor
- abcnews: Arrowhead Stadium victim's family talks
- Australia rejects law allowing gay marriage
- Wal-Mart ban stemmed from alleged threat
- Klinsmann to remain as US coach through 2018 6 min ago
- Bale talks 'Hustle,' 'Out of the Furnace'
- OTRC: Lea Michele talks about Cory Monteith (Video) 51 min ago