Health & Food
Sleep study: too much, too little can hurt heart
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A new study suggests too much or too little sleep can hurt your heart.
Researchers say people who sleep less than six hours a night are twice as likely to have a stroke or heart attack and one-and-a-half times more likely to have congestive heart failure.
People who slept more than eight hours a night were more likely to have chest pain and coronary heart disease.
The findings support several other studies recently published in the European Heart Journal.
health, health & food
- Southland seeing cold temps, windy conditions
- Body of woman found on 5 Freeway in Santa Ana
- Holiday shipping deadlines quickly approaching 7 min ago
- Car rally held in honor of actor Paul Walker
- Cyclist killed in crash w/ sheriff patrol car
- Small plane lands on 241 toll road in OC
- Man found dead inside Palmdale apartment
- IE shooting leaves 18-year-old man dead
- abcnews: Campus cop fatally shoots Texas student
- Icy storm persists, disrupts travel in east US 42 min ago
- Ukraine sees largest anti-govt protest since 2004
- Torre, La Russa, Cox elected to Hall of Fame 32 min ago
- 'Frozen' tops box office in its 2nd week
- OTRC: Susan Boyle's Asperger's Syndrome diagnosis