Health & Food
Sleep study: too much, too little can hurt heart
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A new study suggests too much or too little sleep can hurt your heart.
Researchers say people who sleep less than six hours a night are twice as likely to have a stroke or heart attack and one-and-a-half times more likely to have congestive heart failure.
People who slept more than eight hours a night were more likely to have chest pain and coronary heart disease.
The findings support several other studies recently published in the European Heart Journal.
health, health & food
- 7.2-magnitude earthquake strikes Mexico 58 min ago
- Whittier standoff with hostage ends peacefully
- S. Korean ferry's slow evacuation probed
- E-cigarette ban in public to go into effect
- 4 sought in Highland home-invasion robbery 30 min ago
- Griffith Park mountain lion exposed to poison
- Sriracha owner considers moving plant to TX?
- Tenants receive relocation money from landlord
- Mount Everest avalanche kills at least 12
- Pro-Russian insurgents ignore diplomatic deal 6 min ago
- abcnews: Victim's mom halts killer's execution
- Astronomers spot most Earth-like planet yet
- Bryan Singer's accuser talks alleged abuse
- OTRC: 'Scandal' recap - 5 highlights (Spoilers)