Health & Food
Over 41 million American workers are sleep deprived
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- If you are sleep deprived, you are not alone.
According to the National Institution for Occupational Safety and Health, more than 41 million American workers have not been receiving the recommended seven to nine hours of nightly sleep.Overall, one third of adult workers claimed that they sleep six hours or fewer a night.
Furthermore, people who work more than one job receive less sleep than most, as well as those who work more than 40 hours a week. People who work night shifts, along with those who work in transportation and manufacturing, appeared to be the most sleep deprived of all.
health, health & food
- Glendora yard dug up in 35-year-old cold case 18 min ago
- OC sheriff's reserve sergeant found beaten
- Woman tries to reason with London attackers 59 min ago
- Model murder trial: Case in hands of jury
- Bill proposed to reduce night airport noise
- Los Angeles mayoral race: Eric Garcetti wins
- Injured volunteer wants thousands from hiker
- Okla. tornado tore through 13,000 buildings
- abcnews: US IDs 4 Americans killed by drones
- Arias jury stuck but must keep deliberating
- Emails show AEG exec called Jackson a 'freak'
- 'Hangover' films changed lives of the stars 16 min ago
- OTRC: Critics' Choice Television Awards nominees
- Tornado relief drives: More than $211K raised