Health & Food
Over 41 million American workers are sleep deprived
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- If you are sleep deprived, you are not alone.
According to the National Institution for Occupational Safety and Health, more than 41 million American workers have not been receiving the recommended seven to nine hours of nightly sleep.Overall, one third of adult workers claimed that they sleep six hours or fewer a night.
Furthermore, people who work more than one job receive less sleep than most, as well as those who work more than 40 hours a week. People who work night shifts, along with those who work in transportation and manufacturing, appeared to be the most sleep deprived of all.
health, health & food
- Car crashes into OC yard; 2 killed, 1 injured
- 6.9-magnitude earthquake hits NorCal coast
- 3 attacked by bees in La Canada Flintridge
- Searchers cannot find object from missing jet
- Stage collapses at OC high school; 25 injured
- Compton shootings leave 2 dead within hours
- Pedestrians fatally struck in Norwalk ID'd
- 2 SoCal hikers die amid record-breaking heat
- State oversight may tame California pot shops
- Car bomb attack kills at least 42 in Iraq
- abcnews: Skydiver collides with plane in Fla.
- Ukraine won't budge '1 centimeter' from land
- '300' sequel rules box office w/ $45.1M debut
- Photos: 'Revenge's Emily VanCamp: 15 Sexiest Looks