Health & Food
Over 41 million American workers are sleep deprived
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- If you are sleep deprived, you are not alone.
According to the National Institution for Occupational Safety and Health, more than 41 million American workers have not been receiving the recommended seven to nine hours of nightly sleep.Overall, one third of adult workers claimed that they sleep six hours or fewer a night.
Furthermore, people who work more than one job receive less sleep than most, as well as those who work more than 40 hours a week. People who work night shifts, along with those who work in transportation and manufacturing, appeared to be the most sleep deprived of all.
health, health & food
- Reseda shooting: 1 dead, 1 injured, 1 arrested 14 min ago
- Tour bus crash in Corona: 91-yr-old man dies
- Target probe focuses on processing centers
- Pope's message to end hunger hits home in IE
- Slain chase suspect's family files $20M claim
- Indio High students, faculty tested for TB
- Fallbrook tour bus crash: Victim identified
- Calif. jobless rate continues positive trend
- Helicopter gunships used in MX resort battle
- abcnews: One of Van Gogh's last paintings unveiled
- San Jose company recalls sausage products
- Jewelry shopping tips: How to avoid rip-offs
- Ned Vizzini, popular author, dies at age 32 3 min ago
- OTRC: Beyonce kisses Madonna's daughter (Photo)