Health & Food
Over 41 million American workers are sleep deprived
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- If you are sleep deprived, you are not alone.
According to the National Institution for Occupational Safety and Health, more than 41 million American workers have not been receiving the recommended seven to nine hours of nightly sleep.Overall, one third of adult workers claimed that they sleep six hours or fewer a night.
Furthermore, people who work more than one job receive less sleep than most, as well as those who work more than 40 hours a week. People who work night shifts, along with those who work in transportation and manufacturing, appeared to be the most sleep deprived of all.
health, health & food
- S. Korea ferry: Evacuation order delayed
- Monterey Park fire engine crash injures 15
- 'X-Men' director accused of sexual assault
- Arsonist sought in San Pedro Elks Lodge fire
- Child molestation charges for teacher dropped 7 min ago
- Suspicious package found at post office near USC 39 min ago
- Female pedestrian struck, killed in Riverside
- Police: 2 South LA fires may be connected
- LAX Terminal 7 partially evacuated over threat
- 1 dead, 9 injured in Fontana accident on 10W 28 min ago
- abcnews: Conjoined twins see sunlight for 1st time
- Oscar Pistorius trial: Forensic expert faulted
- Jay-Z's Made in America festival announced
- OTRC: Will Arnett files for divorce from Poehler