Health & Food
Healthy, calorie-controlled diet important during pregnancy - study
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- If you think pregnancy is the time to indulge every last craving, you're wrong.
University of London researchers say eating a healthy, calorie-controlled diet during pregnancy can help prevent excessive weight gain and cut the risk of complications.
Dietary restrictions were the most effective when compared to exercise as well as a combination of diet and exercise.
Studies show that in Europe and the U.S., as much as 40 percent of women gain more than the recommended weight during pregnancy.
health, food, women's health, health & food
- LAPD cop car crash: 1 officer dead, 1 injured 20 min ago
- San Juan Capistrano murders: Son arrested 38 min ago
- Smoke detectors crucial to avoid fire deaths
- Blind man falls on tracks, survives train
- 2 dead in apparent Long Beach murder-suicide
- Water main break floods Santa Ana neighborhood
- Baldwin Hills natural gas leak: Repairs done
- Bitcoin mystery: CA man denies being creator
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- abcnews: PA woman charged w/ teen's illegal abortion
- US economy adds 175,000 jobs in February
- Pistorius told guard 'everything is fine'
- Washington returning to 'Grey's Anatomy'
- OTRC: 'Scandal' recap - 5 highlights (Spoilers)