Health & Food
Healthy, calorie-controlled diet important during pregnancy - study
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- If you think pregnancy is the time to indulge every last craving, you're wrong.
University of London researchers say eating a healthy, calorie-controlled diet during pregnancy can help prevent excessive weight gain and cut the risk of complications.
Dietary restrictions were the most effective when compared to exercise as well as a combination of diet and exercise.
Studies show that in Europe and the U.S., as much as 40 percent of women gain more than the recommended weight during pregnancy.
health, food, women's health, health & food
- DUI driver slams car into LA home; girl dead 12 min ago
- North Hollywood hit-and-run driver sought
- Delivery man fatally shot in South Los Angeles
- Bus crash: Driver remembered as a 'hero'
- Woman fatally struck on 405 Fwy near Torrance
- Orange County carport collapses; no one hurt
- East Hollywood fire: Garage heavily damaged
- Ohio couple married 70 yrs die 15 hours apart
- Pope Francis, crowd joyously celebrate Easter 35 min ago
- Drone in Yemen kills 9 al Qaeda members
- abcnews: Dashcams capture possible meteorite
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Mickey Rooney buried at Hollywood Forever
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus postpones whole tour