Health & Food
Healthy, calorie-controlled diet important during pregnancy - study
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- If you think pregnancy is the time to indulge every last craving, you're wrong.
University of London researchers say eating a healthy, calorie-controlled diet during pregnancy can help prevent excessive weight gain and cut the risk of complications.
Dietary restrictions were the most effective when compared to exercise as well as a combination of diet and exercise.
Studies show that in Europe and the U.S., as much as 40 percent of women gain more than the recommended weight during pregnancy.
health, food, women's health, health & food
- South LA grandmother found dead in apartment
- Venice beating caught on cam; suspects sought
- Baca acknowledges deputy hiring issues
- MoneyGram scam victims receive refund checks
- Venice boardwalk crash victims recount ordeal
- Proposed power plant splits Palmdale, Lancaster
- LAX suspect indicted on 1st-degree murder
- Hollywood burglary suspects caught on camera
- Man kills himself, 1 other at Reno hospital
- Reporter rejects Toronto mayor's apology
- Colorado school shooter wrote plan on arm
- abcnews: Father, daughter recreate wedding photos
- Timberlake helps fan propose to girlfriend
- Photos: Meryl Streep, Julia Roberts at 'August' debut
- Blind man, dog safe after subway track fall
36 min ago