Health & Food
Number of teens with diabetes jumps - study
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A new study published on Monday finds that the number of young Americans with diabetes or pre-diabetes has jumped significantly.
The data on about 3,400 people ages 12 to 19 was drawn from a Centers for Disease Control and Prevention survey.
The percentage of adolescents with diabetes or pre-diabetes more than doubled from 1999 to 2008.
The study is published in the online journal Pediatrics.
health, children's health, health & food
- Whittier standoff with hostage ends peacefully 3 min ago
- Bryan Singer's accuser talks alleged abuse
- Investigators reenact fatal NorCal bus crash
- Prop 8 lawyer's views on gay marriage changing
- Sriracha owner considers moving plant to TX?
- 1 dead, 9 injured in Fontana accident on 10W
- Tenants receive relocation money from landlord
- Mount Everest avalanche: 6 killed, 9 missing
- S. Korea ferry: Evacuation order delayed
- abcnews: Victim's mom halts killer's execution
- Chelsea Clinton pregnant with 1st child
- Kittens accidentally shipped from LA to SD
- Key dates announced for 87th Oscars in 2015
- OTRC: 'Scandal' recap - 5 highlights (Spoilers)