Health & Food
Number of teens with diabetes jumps - study
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A new study published on Monday finds that the number of young Americans with diabetes or pre-diabetes has jumped significantly.
The data on about 3,400 people ages 12 to 19 was drawn from a Centers for Disease Control and Prevention survey.
The percentage of adolescents with diabetes or pre-diabetes more than doubled from 1999 to 2008.
The study is published in the online journal Pediatrics.
health, children's health, health & food
- Man killed in South Los Angeles hit-and-run 26 min ago
- Flasher strikes UC Riverside, community college 42 min ago
- Trailer spills rocks on westbound 10 Freeway 22 min ago
- Victory for mom who sued TSA over breast milk
- Child welfare system 'in crisis': Commission
- OC school band chosen to march in Rose Parade
- Reward offered in Long Beach pelican attack
- SD police guns stolen during LA charity game
- Aereo case: Justices skeptical, concerned
- Object found in Australia likely not from jet
- abcnews: Navy officer reunited with wife, daughters 37 min ago
- South Korea ferry accident death toll now 135
- 4 Hollywood execs deny sexual abuse claims
- OTRC: Drew Barrymore gives birth to baby No. 2