Health & Food
Number of teens with diabetes jumps - study
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A new study published on Monday finds that the number of young Americans with diabetes or pre-diabetes has jumped significantly.
The data on about 3,400 people ages 12 to 19 was drawn from a Centers for Disease Control and Prevention survey.
The percentage of adolescents with diabetes or pre-diabetes more than doubled from 1999 to 2008.
The study is published in the online journal Pediatrics.
health, children's health, health & food
- Fallbrook bus crash: 1 dead, several injured
- Tour bus overturns on 15 Freeway in Corona
- Baca says special hiring program dismantled
- London theater partial collapse; 75+ hurt
- Kelly Thomas trial: Cause of death revisited
- Moorpark High closed after threatening note
- Kate Middleton phone messages read in court
- abcnews: Missing medical resident's car found
- Target security breach: 40M possibly affected
- Report finds bacteria on 97 percent of chicken
- Local woman receives seizure-treating implant
- Kobe Bryant injured again, will miss 6 weeks
- Farrah Fawcett portrait belongs to O'Neal
- OTRC: Kristen Johnston diagnosed w/ Lupus Myelitis