Health & Food
Number of teens with diabetes jumps - study
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A new study published on Monday finds that the number of young Americans with diabetes or pre-diabetes has jumped significantly.
The data on about 3,400 people ages 12 to 19 was drawn from a Centers for Disease Control and Prevention survey.
The percentage of adolescents with diabetes or pre-diabetes more than doubled from 1999 to 2008.
The study is published in the online journal Pediatrics.
health, children's health, health & food
- 6.9-magnitude earthquake hits NorCal coast 18 min ago
- 3 attacked by bees in La Canada Flintridge 1 min ago
- Stage collapses at OC high school; 25 injured 30 min ago
- Searchers cannot find object from missing jet 22 min ago
- Compton shootings leave 2 dead within hours
- Pedestrians fatally struck in Norwalk ID'd
- 2 SoCal hikers die amid record-breaking heat
- Dana Point shooting suspect sought by deputies
- State oversight may tame California pot shops
- Car bomb attack kills at least 42 in Iraq
- abcnews: Skydiver collides with plane in Fla.
- Ukraine won't budge '1 centimeter' from land
- '300' sequel rules box office w/ $45.1M debut
- Photos: 'Revenge's Emily VanCamp: 15 Sexiest Looks