'Land of the Lost' goes TV to big screen
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- The 1970s Saturday morning TV kids' show "Land of the Lost" is now a comedic adventure for the big screen.
Will Ferrell heads the cast as a scientist whose time machine takes him on a trip to another universe.
- Video: 'Land of the Lost' goes TV to big screen
- Blog: More entertainment at OnTheRedCarpet.com
- More: Most Popular stories, videos and more
- More: Get breaking news alerts
As a child, Ferrell thought the series from the world of producers Sid and Marty Krofft was the greatest show ever.
"I loved that show, obsessed with it to the point of feeling nervous about what was going to happen in each episode," said Ferrell. "It's definitely not a Disney film, you know, for sure. We like that the humor is a little out of whack."
And that's just the way co-star Danny McBride liked it.
"The script was always a little subversive," said McBride. "It was definitely more than just a family film, and I'd like to consider myself a little, you know -- always pushing things to be a little dirtier or filthier."
"I'm a parent of an 8-year-old," said director Brad Silberling, a lifelong fan of the TV series. "My 8-year-old won't be coming to see the movie. You know, now I have a friend who has a 9-and-a-half-year-old. He saw the film, he said, 'I'm bringing my 9-and-a-half-year-old.' It's going to be up to the parents but, I mean, it is PG-13, so they should honor that."
"Land of the Lost" is rated "PG-13" for its content and its language.
hollywood wrap, george pennacchio
- Missing hiker rescued in Santa Clarita canyon 28 min ago
- Missing jetliner made it to Malacca Strait
- Lead found in soil at homes, school in Vernon
- Overturned big rig shuts lanes on 91 East 7 min ago
- Prosecutor: OC couple's murder not about money
- Remains of Hollywood Park racehorse exhumed
- Suspect arrested in Hollywood severed head case
- Montclair hit-run kills woman, injures teen
- CIA improperly searched network, says senator 18 min ago
- Sandy Hook gunman's father breaks silence
- abcnews: Family calls 911, held hostage by pet cat
- Parents distracted by devices, study says
- Justin Bieber gets mad in deposition video
- OTRC: Elisabeth Moss: Armisen marriage 'traumatic'