Hollywood characters face tough economy
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- How many times have you heard the phrases "in this economy," "economic downturn," or simply the word "recession" in the past week, day or even hour? Probably more than you'd care to count.
The problem is, if you're thinking of channel surfing in search of an escape, you'll have to think again. Lots of writers are incorporating the tough economy into even the most light-hearted scripts.
- Video: Hollywood characters face tough economy
- Blog: More entertainment at OnTheRedCarpet.com
- More: Most Popular stories, videos and more
- More: Get breaking news alerts
Here is how some of your favorite characters are surviving the economy:
You know him as: Loving but dim-witted husband and father.
Economic status: 742 Evergreen Terrace is in foreclosure.
You know Betty Suarez as: The fashion-challenged gal with the tenacity of a young Anna Wintour.
Economic status: Mode is handing out pink slips.
You don't know him yet. It will be a new fall sitcom.
Economic status: Kelsey Grammer plays a failed Wall Street mogul.
Is it "Risky Business" to play up a down economy in Hollywood? Only time and ratings will tell.
hollywood wrap, george pennacchio
- Glendale Galleria $85K bracelet thief sought 9 min ago
- Colorado shooting victim dies at hospital
- Reseda shooting suspect ID'ed as Iraq war vet
- Shoppers flock to stores for last-minute gifts 25 min ago
- Compton chase victim remembered by loved ones 22 min ago
- Van Nuys arsonist suspect sought by LAFD 39 min ago
- HB riot suspect sentenced to 12 days in jail
- Man arrested for suspected arson in Oxnard
- US holiday travelers brace for ice and snow
- Astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs
- abcnews: Army's new weapon can shoot down drones
- SUV makers unveil new efficient features
- Amy Adams talks playing sexy con artist
- OTRC: Chuck Norris spoofs Van Damme's 'Epic Split'
- Latest weather with Danny Romero
30 min ago