Three new movies crowd the box office
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- This weekend, Hollywood is offering something for everyone. The new films coming into the multiplex have their work cut out for them, challenging last week's champ, Up, whose numbers remain strong.
A favorite Saturday-morning TV show from the past lands on the big screen this week. Land of the Lost stars Will Ferrell as an eccentric scientist whose latest invention sucks him into a space-time vortex alongside his assistant and a survivalist. They meet up with dinosaurs and other creatures in this PG-13 rated film.
- Video: Three new movies crowd the box office
- Blog: More entertainment at OnTheRedCarpet.com
- More: Most Popular stories, videos and more
- More: Get breaking news alerts
Nia Vardalos returns to the big screen with the romantic comedy, My Life in Ruins. She plays a woman who has lost her kefi - that's Greek for mojo - and travels to Greece in search of enlightenment. The film is also rated PG-13.
If you like your comedy rated R - with part of that R standing for "raunch" - there's a comedy that takes place in Sin City called The Hangover. It stars Bradley Cooper, Ed Helms and Zach Galifianakis.
Report Typo | Send Tip | Get Alerts | Most Popular
Follow @abc7 on Twitter | Become a fan on Facebook
hollywood wrap, george pennacchio
- Blind man falls on tracks, survives train 34 min ago
- Temple City man denies creating Bitcoin 14 min ago
- IE cross memorial removed after complaints
- OC man arrested for pot brownie sales to kids
- Oxnard hit-and-run victim in critical condition 6 min ago
- CSULB researchers launch 'Kelp Watch 2014'
- Dodger lot beating: federal gun indictments
- Drunk gambler sues LV casino following loss
- Baby rescued on FL freeway home from hospital
- Obama: West won't let Kremlin carve up Ukraine
- abcnews: Charges filed in missing nursing student case
- Factors that may lead to Alzheimer's disease
- Justin Bieber's urine test video released
- OTRC: Angelina Jolie talks 'Maleficent,' daughter
- El Nino watch: Cycle possible next winter
13 min ago