Three new movies crowd the box office
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- This weekend, Hollywood is offering something for everyone. The new films coming into the multiplex have their work cut out for them, challenging last week's champ, Up, whose numbers remain strong.
A favorite Saturday-morning TV show from the past lands on the big screen this week. Land of the Lost stars Will Ferrell as an eccentric scientist whose latest invention sucks him into a space-time vortex alongside his assistant and a survivalist. They meet up with dinosaurs and other creatures in this PG-13 rated film.
- Video: Three new movies crowd the box office
- Blog: More entertainment at OnTheRedCarpet.com
- More: Most Popular stories, videos and more
- More: Get breaking news alerts
Nia Vardalos returns to the big screen with the romantic comedy, My Life in Ruins. She plays a woman who has lost her kefi - that's Greek for mojo - and travels to Greece in search of enlightenment. The film is also rated PG-13.
If you like your comedy rated R - with part of that R standing for "raunch" - there's a comedy that takes place in Sin City called The Hangover. It stars Bradley Cooper, Ed Helms and Zach Galifianakis.
Report Typo | Send Tip | Get Alerts | Most Popular
Follow @abc7 on Twitter | Become a fan on Facebook
hollywood wrap, george pennacchio
- Artesia hit-run accident leaves woman dead
- Gunman at large in East LA party shooting
- Drug boat washes ashore in Manhattan Beach
- Protests against Monsanto held around world
- Boy on bicycle killed by truck in Simi Valley
- Wildfire breaks out north of Moreno Valley
- OC thieves sought for smash-grab robbery
- Communications satellite launched into space
- abcnews: WWII medals back after mistaken donation
- London attack: 3 more arrested in slaying
- Rogers, gay soccer player, joins LA Galaxy
- Bynes alleges sexual assault by NYPD officer 11 min ago
- OTRC: Blake Shelton's Oklahoma benefit concert
- Eye on LA reveals sizzling hot summer guide