George: 'The Hangover' crass but fun
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- If you like your comedy rated R - with part of that R standing for "raunch" - there's a comedy that takes place in Sin City called, "The Hangover." And what happens in Vegas is& reviewed by entertainment reporter George Pennacchio of ABC7 in Los Angeles.
A trip to Las Vegas for a little bachelor party turns into a big nightmare in "The Hangover." One crazy night leaves the groom missing and his three groomsmen unable to remember what the heck happened.
- Video: George: 'The Hangover' crass but fun
- Blog: More entertainment at OnTheRedCarpet.com
- More: Most Popular stories, videos and more
- More: Get breaking news alerts
They also have a tiger and a baby in their hotel room, and at one point, Mike Tyson, too.
"Director Todd Phillips, who also did 'Old School,' pulls no punches here," George said. "The humor is bold, sometimes dirty and probably not for grandma -- unless she's a little dirty herself! It's brash and it's crass and it had me laughing out loud on more than one occasion.
"Just know going in, the humor is at times edgy and politically incorrect. Bradley Cooper, Ed Helms and Zach Galifianakis are a kick as three guys trying to re-trace their steps so they can find their friend and get to the wedding on time.
"'The Hangover' is silly, stupid fun, and when you just want to laugh, there's nothing wrong with that.
"Justin Bartha does a nice job here, too, as the groom, and Heather Graham is fun as a sweet stripper.
"The studio did not supply any clips featuring actor Ken Jeong, and he has some of the funniest material in the movie. He plays a very bold and very funny gangster who's just a trip."
Finally, George advises that The Hangover can be a date movie -- but only if you have been dating for a long time.
hollywood wrap, george pennacchio
- 2 persons of interest sought in LB attack
- Malaysia Airlines missing jet: Oil slicks found
- LAPD officer recovering after fatal BH crash
- Teen survives 5 Fwy crash, killed by traffic
- IE WWII Medal of Honor recipient laid to rest 40 min ago
- Cat rescued from 91 Fwy divider in Riverside
- L.A. man wanted in attempted Banksy theft
- Obama to preserve California federal lands
- abcnews: Teens save man stuck in sewer
- Bond set for mom who drove kids into ocean
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- New Toyota Highlander carries on legacy
- Sheila MacRae of 'The Honeymooners' dies
- OTRC: Khloe Kardashian topless in first Vine video