'Twilight' helps Bobby Long's career
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A little vampire movie called "Twilight" (you may have heard of it) is having a big impact on the career of singer-songwriter Bobby Long. Star Rob Pattinson sings a song he co-wrote. Now, the "Twilight" phenomenon is shining the spotlight on Bobby.
The 22-year-old singer-songwriter is currently enjoying a summer tour. Not that long ago, Bobby was a struggling musician in London. But when his pal Robert Pattinson sang one of Bobby's songs, "Let Me Sign," in the movie "Twilight," the singer's world changed.
- Video: Interview with Bobby Long
- Video: Bobby Long performs two songs
- Blog: Complete "Twilight" coverage
- Blog: More entertainment at OnTheRedCarpet.com
- More: Most Popular stories, videos and more
- More: Get breaking news alerts
"He's a very loyal friend and he's very supportive," said Bobby. "He really loves my music, which is great. It seems that people are respecting the fact that, you know, I had this song in a film, and that's great, but they want to see more and they want to know more about me."
Bobby says he wants to succeed on his own terms.
"I'm kind of making my own choices and trying to find my way into the industry on my own terms, which I think is really important," said Bobby. "If people come along, they'll see an honest show of somebody who's kind of learning his craft, and enjoying doing what he's doing, and trying to put his songs across in the best way."
Bobby reveals he has an interesting recording studio -- his bedroom.
"At the moment, I've recorded some songs in my bedroom, which is cool, and I'm touring hard and I'm playing well and I'm picking up people who like my music, and that's great," said Bobby. "But I still feel like I'm on the journey up."
You can only get those 10 original songs Bobby recorded in his bedroom at his show. He's performing Wednesday and Thursday night at the Hotel Cafe in Hollywood.
hollywood wrap, george pennacchio
- Vandals break in, trash church in Palmdale
- Machete-wielding man shot by Inglewood police
- Greuel, Garcetti rally for undecided voters
- Body found near area where hiker went missing
- Deputies shoot, kill armed man during fight 10 min ago
- Couple arrested in LA pot grow operation
- Police impersonator halts bus in Redlands
- Deaf Yorkie held for ransom is back home
- Frazier Park fire: Crews gain upper hand
- Virginia parade crash injures up to 60 people
- abcnews: 1st lady jokes about president's failures
- SKorea: NKorea fires 3 short-range missiles
- Kings lose to Sharks 2-1 in OT of Game 3
- OTRC: Kelly Rowland in talks to be 'X Factor' judge
- Local soldier killed on 1st Afghanistan tour
34 min ago