'Twilight' helps Bobby Long's career
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A little vampire movie called "Twilight" (you may have heard of it) is having a big impact on the career of singer-songwriter Bobby Long. Star Rob Pattinson sings a song he co-wrote. Now, the "Twilight" phenomenon is shining the spotlight on Bobby.
The 22-year-old singer-songwriter is currently enjoying a summer tour. Not that long ago, Bobby was a struggling musician in London. But when his pal Robert Pattinson sang one of Bobby's songs, "Let Me Sign," in the movie "Twilight," the singer's world changed.
- Video: Interview with Bobby Long
- Video: Bobby Long performs two songs
- Blog: Complete "Twilight" coverage
- Blog: More entertainment at OnTheRedCarpet.com
- More: Most Popular stories, videos and more
- More: Get breaking news alerts
"He's a very loyal friend and he's very supportive," said Bobby. "He really loves my music, which is great. It seems that people are respecting the fact that, you know, I had this song in a film, and that's great, but they want to see more and they want to know more about me."
Bobby says he wants to succeed on his own terms.
"I'm kind of making my own choices and trying to find my way into the industry on my own terms, which I think is really important," said Bobby. "If people come along, they'll see an honest show of somebody who's kind of learning his craft, and enjoying doing what he's doing, and trying to put his songs across in the best way."
Bobby reveals he has an interesting recording studio -- his bedroom.
"At the moment, I've recorded some songs in my bedroom, which is cool, and I'm touring hard and I'm playing well and I'm picking up people who like my music, and that's great," said Bobby. "But I still feel like I'm on the journey up."
You can only get those 10 original songs Bobby recorded in his bedroom at his show. He's performing Wednesday and Thursday night at the Hotel Cafe in Hollywood.
hollywood wrap, george pennacchio
- South LA grandmother found dead in apartment 19 min ago
- Venice beating caught on cam; suspects sought
- Baca acknowledges deputy hiring issues
- MoneyGram scam victims receive refund checks
- Woman shot to death in Long Beach; no arrests 55 min ago
- Venice boardwalk crash victims recount ordeal
- Proposed power plant splits Palmdale, Lancaster
- LAX suspect indicted on 1st-degree murder
- Man kills himself, 1 other at Reno hospital
- Reporter rejects Toronto mayor's apology
- Colorado school shooter wrote plan on arm
- abcnews: Father, daughter recreate wedding photos
- Timberlake helps fan propose to girlfriend
- Photos: Meryl Streep, Julia Roberts at 'August' debut
- Latest weather with Garth Kemp
49 min ago
- Illinois students spread joy w/ Dial-a -Carol
50 min ago