'All My Children' begins filming in L.A.
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- New York is no longer home to "All My Children." After decades shooting the ABC daytime drama on the East Coast, the show has moved the fictional town of "Pine Valley" to Southern California.
"All My Children" has been a staple of daytime television for 40 years. Its first episode aired Jan. 5, 1970.
"It's a wonderful testament to 'All My Children' that it's a show that continues to entertain and that our audience is so passionate and loyal and with us and anticipating this move to Los Angeles as, you know, we are getting ready to do that," said Susan Lucci.
Lucci, who plays Erica Kane, has been there since the beginning and made the trip to the west when the show moved to a studio in Glendale on Monday. She says she will be bicoastal, keeping her East Coast home, while commuting to L.A.
"The way I see it is it's a great indication from Disney, from ABC, investing in 'All My Children' and the longevity of the show. You know, things are changing, television is changing right now and you've got to adapt and go with the changes," said Cameron Mathison, who plays Ryan Lavery.
"There's aspects of this that is fantastic and there's aspects that are tricky. But, in general, we want what's best for the show," he continued.
Mathison is not alone in his thinking.
"Moving the show to L.A. re-invigorates the show, gives it sort of a fresh start. And I think that's important, especially in this medium, so we're breathing a little bit of new life into it," said Rebecca Budig,who plays Greenlee Smythe.
So, after 40 years, consider this a new chapter in the "All My Children" book of stories.
abc, hollywood wrap, george pennacchio
- James Gandolfini of 'Sopranos' dies at 51 7 min ago
- Hollywood panhandlers allegedly kill LA woman 1 min ago
- OC caregiver arrested for alleged sex assault 45 min ago
- Tip led to ex-USC professor's Mexico arrest 33 min ago
- Wrong-way driver charged with DUI in 14 pile-up
- West Hills murder suspect pleads not guilty 13 min ago
- 3.1-magnitude earthquake jolts Inland Empire
- Man stabbed during carjacking in Oxnard
- TWA Flight 800 documentary hints at cover-up
- Afghan leader suspends talks with Taliban, US
- abcnews: Marine returns from war as underwear model
- Piedmont beef's lower fat entices connoisseurs 44 min ago
- Paris, Prince Jackson refute chef's testimony
- OTRC: 'Anchorman 2' new trailer (Video)
- Piedmont beef's lower fat entices...
44 min ago