'Twilight' stars surprise camped out fans
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- "Twilight" stars dropped by for a surprise visit for the loyal fans who have camped out at since Monday for the premiere of 'Eclipse.'
Four of the stars of "The Twilight Saga: Eclipse" decided to surprise their fans. Peter Facinelli, Billy Burke, Julia Jones and Jackson Rathbone appeared outside L.A. Live at the screeching delight of hundreds of fans.
For more than an hour, they handed out all sorts of goodies connected to the movie's marketing, and they also mingled with the fans of the movie franchise that left many of them astounded.
"That was awesome," said an enthused Kelly Chavez of Sylmar. "We stayed out here for three days so it's awesome for them to come out and do this for us."
One fan came drove out to L.A. from Sterling Heights, Mich., for the premiere.
"Twenty-five-hundred miles - four days - to sleep out for three days," said Judy Hornberger. "It's awesome. It's our reward for supporting them for all this time."
There were some interesting requests as well.
"There was a woman who had a poster and it said that her cat died while she was waiting in line and asked if I would comfort her in this time so I gave her a hug," said Facinelli, who plays Carlisle Cullen.
The stars say they owe it all to the fans.
"The fans have showed us so much support, and we want to make sure they know that we don't take them for granted and that we're happy that they're out here," added Facinelli. "They've been camping out for three days, I've never seen anything like this for a movie. I mean, I stood in line for 'Rocky III' but I didn't tent out."
"The fans of these movies have been nothing but gracious in giving to us, so I'm happy to do anything we can for them," said Burke, who plays Charlie Swan. "The reality is that if we didn't have these people who are so rabid about wanting to see these movies then we wouldn't be here so I get it."
"It's true everything that the cast members have said about how great the fans are. It's been so surprisingly wonderful," said Jones, who plays Leah Clearwater.
"They're all so amazing and so sweet. So, it's lovely to get a chance to kind of interact and show how much we love to support them because without them, this all wouldn't be possible," said Rathbone, who plays Jasper Hale. "It was just fun. It makes you feel like a rock star."
The new film hits theaters on June 30. You can watch a live stream from the red carpet of the L.A. premiere for 'The Twilight Saga: Eclipse' at OnTheRedCarpet.com starting at 5:30 p.m. PT.
twilight saga, celebrity, movie news, hollywood wrap
- NYC apartment explosion, collapse kills 2 19 min ago
- Gusty winds elevate fire dangers in SoCal
- Mountain lion roams Hollywood Hills - video
- India asked to join hunt for missing plane
- Tanker crash shuts I-5 North lanes in Castaic
- Compton teachers call in sick, want pay raise
- LA Co. focuses on stormwater capture projects
- Bizarre East LA bank robbery trial begins
- 5-alarm fire destroys San Francisco building
- Wild Colorado chase ends after 3 carjackings 41 min ago
- abcnews: Target thigh gap photo flap sparks outrage 57 min ago
- Elderly man fights off burglar with hammer
- Obama pushes health care on Funny or Die
- OTRC: Selena Gomez films Adidas ads (Photos)