James Franco returns to 'General Hospital'
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- James Franco returns to "General Hospital" to be a part of a summer involving mystery, mayhem and murder.
His character 'Franco' is returning to Port Charles to take care of some "unfinished business."
When he agreed to be on board the first time around, he asked if his character could be an artist.
"And then I asked could he be crazy, so they made that happen. But because of that, it allows the character and the show to go in different places because the character is so wild and unpredictable, he can kind of take the storylines in weird places," said Franco.
Franco has loved being a part of daytime, even if it's not his usual forte. After all, this is the same guy who was in all three "Spider-Man" blockbusters, starred in the comedy "Pineapple Express," had a supporting role in the Oscar-nominated "Milk," and will soon be seen opposite Julia Roberts in "Eat Pray Love."
So why daytime?
"I think there are a lot of components to being a part of this show and all of them fascinate me. Yes, I have tremendous respect for what they do here. I mean, nothing goes this fast," said Franco. "So, yeah, acting in daytime is different but if you go with the way that it's set up, there can be a very satisfying and expressive result, I think."
He's expected to cause a lot of trouble this summer on ABC's "General Hospital."
television, soap opera, abc, hollywood wrap, george pennacchio
- London theater partial collapse; 80+ hurt 20 min ago
- Moorpark High closed after threatening note
- Rain, winds moving across Southern California
- Target security breach: 40M possibly affected 17 min ago
- School hacking: Tutor wanted for questioning 6 min ago
- 14 hospitalized in Riverside County bus crash 11 min ago
- 2 taken to hospital after school bus crash
- Kelly Thomas trial: Defense rests its case
- Mega Millions: Georgia winner comes forward
- abcnews: Renewed Gacy probe reunites family
- India wants NYC arrested diplomat case dropped
- Mexico resort shootout: 5 dead in Rocky Point
- 'Anchorman 2' is overhyped, but still funny
- OTRC: Kristen Johnston: I have Lupus Myelitis