Divas join forces to raise AIDS/HIV awareness
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Actress Sheryl Lee Ralph and comedian Niecy Nash are lending a helping hand and making a difference in the lives of those living with AIDS and HIV.
Ralph and Nash joined their "diva" forces to host a special benefit event. They're helping to raise funds and awareness for both the Children Affected by AIDS Foundation and the Diva Foundation, which Ralph founded.
"Both foundations are all about addressing the issue of HIV and AIDS in women and children," said Ralph. "Together we are doing all things possible to make sure that people remember that AIDS has not disappeared. And the way it's affecting women and children, it's got to be addressed."
This October, Ralph will be celebrating the 20th anniversary of her own foundation with its annual musical gala, "Divas Simply Singing!"
celebrity, charity, hollywood wrap, george pennacchio
- US teacher killed in Benghazi: officials
- Fast food workers protest, want $15 an hour 23 min ago
- The Game raises money for family of slain boy 55 min ago
- Motorcycle officer struck by hit-run driver
- LAPD seeing fewer qualified applicants
- LA council OKs restrictions on e-cig sellers
- UCLA police seek sexual battery suspect
- Cold snap moving across Southern California 10 min ago
- LAX shooting suspect appears in IE court
- Sebastian Ridley-Thomas wins special election
- Stolen truck with radioactive load found
- abcnews: Teen saved after swallowing magnets
- Paul Walker autopsy results released
- OTRC: Gal Gadot cast as Wonder Woman in new film
- Oxnard nursery relieved plants didn't freeze
21 min ago
- Latest weather with Bri Winkler
12 min ago