Divas join forces to raise AIDS/HIV awareness
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Actress Sheryl Lee Ralph and comedian Niecy Nash are lending a helping hand and making a difference in the lives of those living with AIDS and HIV.
Ralph and Nash joined their "diva" forces to host a special benefit event. They're helping to raise funds and awareness for both the Children Affected by AIDS Foundation and the Diva Foundation, which Ralph founded.
"Both foundations are all about addressing the issue of HIV and AIDS in women and children," said Ralph. "Together we are doing all things possible to make sure that people remember that AIDS has not disappeared. And the way it's affecting women and children, it's got to be addressed."
This October, Ralph will be celebrating the 20th anniversary of her own foundation with its annual musical gala, "Divas Simply Singing!"
celebrity, charity, hollywood wrap, george pennacchio
- Gunman at large in East LA party shooting
- Drug boat washes ashore in Manhattan Beach
- 2 LB suspects accused of human trafficking
- Anaheim begins closing marijuana dispensaries
- OC teen to be tried as adult in dad beating
- OC thieves sought for smash-grab robbery
- Ex-PTA president allegedly stole candy funds
- Man killed when Amtrak train collides with car
- AZ sheriff's office profiles Latinos - judge
- Communications satellite launched into space
- London attack: 3 more arrested in slaying
- abcnews: WWII medals back after mistaken donation
- Rogers, gay soccer player, joins LA Galaxy
- OTRC: Blake Shelton's Oklahoma benefit concert