Divas join forces to raise AIDS/HIV awareness
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Actress Sheryl Lee Ralph and comedian Niecy Nash are lending a helping hand and making a difference in the lives of those living with AIDS and HIV.
Ralph and Nash joined their "diva" forces to host a special benefit event. They're helping to raise funds and awareness for both the Children Affected by AIDS Foundation and the Diva Foundation, which Ralph founded.
"Both foundations are all about addressing the issue of HIV and AIDS in women and children," said Ralph. "Together we are doing all things possible to make sure that people remember that AIDS has not disappeared. And the way it's affecting women and children, it's got to be addressed."
This October, Ralph will be celebrating the 20th anniversary of her own foundation with its annual musical gala, "Divas Simply Singing!"
celebrity, charity, hollywood wrap, george pennacchio
- Man found dead in ransacked Westmont home
- Malaysia missing jet: 'Every angle' probed
- Car crashes into OC yard; 2 killed, 1 injured
- Stage collapses at OC high school; 25 injured
- 3 attacked by bees in La Canada Flintridge
- 2 SoCal hikers die amid record-breaking heat
- Pedestrians fatally struck in Norwalk ID'd
- 6.9-magnitude earthquake hits NorCal coast
- State oversight may tame California pot shops
- Pistorius vomits during graphic testimony 18 min ago
- abcnews: Dog helps Army vet overcome PTSD
- Effexor recalled due to possible contamination
- '300' sequel rules box office w/ $45.1M debut
- OTRC: Stacy Keibler weds boyfriend Jared Pobre 9 min ago