Divas join forces to raise AIDS/HIV awareness
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Actress Sheryl Lee Ralph and comedian Niecy Nash are lending a helping hand and making a difference in the lives of those living with AIDS and HIV.
Ralph and Nash joined their "diva" forces to host a special benefit event. They're helping to raise funds and awareness for both the Children Affected by AIDS Foundation and the Diva Foundation, which Ralph founded.
"Both foundations are all about addressing the issue of HIV and AIDS in women and children," said Ralph. "Together we are doing all things possible to make sure that people remember that AIDS has not disappeared. And the way it's affecting women and children, it's got to be addressed."
This October, Ralph will be celebrating the 20th anniversary of her own foundation with its annual musical gala, "Divas Simply Singing!"
celebrity, charity, hollywood wrap, george pennacchio
- DUI driver slams car into LA home; girl dead
- 2 nurses stabbed in separate hospital attacks
- LAPD officer hurt in Northridge 3-car crash
- SKorea ferry accident death toll at 58
- LA coach gets 130 years in child molest case
- Woman fatally struck on 405 Fwy in Harbor City
- Oxnard pedestrian hit at intersection, dies
- Bus crash: Driver remembered as a 'hero'
- Drone in Yemen kills 9 al Qaeda members
- Pope Francis, crowd joyously celebrate Easter
- abcnews: Dashcams capture possible meteorite
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- 'Capt. America' tops box office for 3rd week
- OTRC: Kate Mara on 'Transcendence,' terrorist role
- Latest weather with Danny Romero
25 min ago