Chris Brown attends 'Takers' premiere in L.A.
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- "Takers" is an action film that revolves around a group of criminals, and two of its stars have dealt very publicly with their own crimes.
Chris Brown pled guilty to one count of felony assault on his ex-girlfriend, singer Rihanna, and T.I. served time in jail for weapons possession. The two men are now back in the spotlight, but this time under much better circumstances.
"Takers" is a cops and robbers heist film that takes place in L.A. Idris Elba is among the ensemble cast.
"It's a great action film," Elba says. "It has great characters in it, lots of men being men, lots of explosions and it's a good laugh. There's some humor in it."
Chris Brown is one of the film's stars and an executive producer on the project. At this world premiere, he wasn't interested in talking. Brown's co-star, Michael Ealy, instead spoke about him.
"He's got so much energy and his personality was just infectious on set," Ealy says. "He's a good kid. He made a mistake, but he's a good kid."
"T.I.", who's had a lot of legal trouble in the past, is now looking ahead.
"I believe this entire year represents a new beginning for me," T.I. says. "I'm very proud to embark on a new journey."
"Snoop Dogg, as the representative of the hip hop community, is very pleased with Chris Brown, T.I. and the rest of the staff for what they've done and what they're doing to correct their situations and make it a better life," said Snoop Dogg.
"If Hollywood will have me, I definitely plan on spending as much time here as possible," T.I. says.
movie news, celebrity, music news, red carpet event, hollywood wrap
- Ex-LA deputy alleges corruption in department
- Winkler removed from Saugus school board
- Video released in attack of transgender woman
- Prostitution bust at OC hotel - exclusive
- MTA bus drivers claim illness from pesticide
- Michael Hastings, BuzzFeed reporter, dies
- Ex-USC professor on FBI wanted list arrested
- 1,500 evacuated in wildfire near Yosemite
- NSA foiled 50+ terrorist plots - director
- abcnews: NFL star's home searched after killing
- Chrysler agrees to Jeep recall over fire risk
- Heat beat Spurs 103-100, force Game 7
- Michael Jackson's personal chef testifies
- OTRC: Lil Wayne talks on American flag controversy