Chris Brown attends 'Takers' premiere in L.A.
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- "Takers" is an action film that revolves around a group of criminals, and two of its stars have dealt very publicly with their own crimes.
Chris Brown pled guilty to one count of felony assault on his ex-girlfriend, singer Rihanna, and T.I. served time in jail for weapons possession. The two men are now back in the spotlight, but this time under much better circumstances.
"Takers" is a cops and robbers heist film that takes place in L.A. Idris Elba is among the ensemble cast.
"It's a great action film," Elba says. "It has great characters in it, lots of men being men, lots of explosions and it's a good laugh. There's some humor in it."
Chris Brown is one of the film's stars and an executive producer on the project. At this world premiere, he wasn't interested in talking. Brown's co-star, Michael Ealy, instead spoke about him.
"He's got so much energy and his personality was just infectious on set," Ealy says. "He's a good kid. He made a mistake, but he's a good kid."
"T.I.", who's had a lot of legal trouble in the past, is now looking ahead.
"I believe this entire year represents a new beginning for me," T.I. says. "I'm very proud to embark on a new journey."
"Snoop Dogg, as the representative of the hip hop community, is very pleased with Chris Brown, T.I. and the rest of the staff for what they've done and what they're doing to correct their situations and make it a better life," said Snoop Dogg.
"If Hollywood will have me, I definitely plan on spending as much time here as possible," T.I. says.
movie news, celebrity, music news, red carpet event, hollywood wrap
- NKorea deports captive American war veteran 38 min ago
- Covina home-invasion robbery: girl, dad shot
- Nelson Mandela's legacy honored around world
- New cold front to bring chance of rain, snow
- 'Valley Bandit' wanted for 8 bank robberies
- Family settles over Chino school gun accident
- Suspected heist reported, 12 tons of pot found
- New Mexico cop fired after minivan shooting
- abcnews: Bill Clinton reveals insights from Mandela
- 6 detained in theft of radioactive material
- Robo-seal pups help patients fight dementia 59 min ago
- Long Beach motorcycle show offers demo rides 53 min ago
- Billy Joel to perform at the Hollywood Bowl
- OTRC: 'Scandal' season 3 will have 18 episodes
- Man arrested in Paul Walker wreckage theft
49 min ago