'Lottery Ticket' cast tries luck at Scratchers
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Ice Cube ages himself to play a grandfather in the new comedy, "Lottery Ticket."
It's about a young man with a winning ticket who hits it big, and then what happens because of it.
But Cube as a grandpa? Really?
"You know, I wanted to play somebody outside the box, outside of what I've been doing for years," Ice Cube says.
Bow Wow, who plays the lead, hopes "Lottery Ticket" is his ticket to movie superstardom.
"I'm just on a roll," Bow Wow says. "I just want to be the next Will Smith. That's all I want to be."
"I'm very happy," says actress Leslie Jones. "This is my very first movie premiere and I'm excited. This is Hollywood."
Co-star Brandon T. Jackson was thrilled to see Diddy "in the house," but Diddy, who has a clothing line, had this line for me: "I'm always watching your style."
The cast then tried their luck at scratching real lottery tickets:
Actor Arlen Escarpeta picked his scratcher first.
"Mom, I won!" Escarpeta said. "You get that long-long-awaited Starbucks you wanted!"
Escarpeta was $4 richer, but he wasn't the only star who hit the jackpot. Ask Bill Bellamy's wife, Kristen.
"I won!" she said. "I don't know what I won, but I won!
Said Bill Bellamy: "Oh my God! We won $2!"
Then Jones struck gold: "I won a dollar! Oh my God! I'm rich!"
Ice Cube wasn't left behind when he picked a red hot scratcher:
"Hey, man, give me my ticket!" he said. "$3, baby! I won! I won! We going to Disneyland!"
"Lottery Ticket" hopes to be a winner at the box office when it opens next Friday.
celebrity, movie news, hollywood wrap, george pennacchio
- Search for Oklahoma survivors almost complete
- Greuel, Garcetti face off on Election Day 21 min ago
- Prosecutors shed light on Maribel Ramos murder
- Vinny Del Negro out as LA Clippers coach
- LA search-and-rescue on standby for Oklahoma
- LAPD officer accused of lewd acts on 2 girls 43 min ago
- Jogger sexually assaulted in Santa Paula
- Immigration bill approved by Senate committee
- Jodi Arias jury sentencing deliberations begin
- abcnews: Boston bombing probe heads to Russia
- Bin Laden photos: Court sides with US govt
- 2013 Legacy, Outback recalled for steering issue
- New ACL surgery technique reduces failure rate
- Photos: 'Dancing With The Stars' week 10