Sonny and Brenda getting married on 'GH'
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- The character of Sonny Corthinos has had a lot of leading ladies over the years on "General Hospital." But fans know that there's only been one woman to truly hold onto his heart: Brenda Barrett.
And next week, Sonny (played by Maurice Bernard) will finally tie the knot with the on-screen love of his life.
It's a wedding more than 15 years in the making, and something both actors have been waiting for.
"I've been begging for it. I haven't made it a secret that I was just kind of begging to do any storyline with Maurice," said Vanessa Marcil Giovinazzo, who plays Brenda. "To have the characters finally get married was really a big deal for me because my character's never married anyone."
"It's a beautiful thing that it does actually happen as opposed to somebody getting shot. It does happen," said Bernard.
The two actors realized they had that on-screen spark since they first started working together. And neither takes that chemistry for granted.
"It's very hard to find the whole deal because you've got to find two actors who connect and trust each other, like we do," said Bernard. "We fit physically also, everything just fits. Then we have history because of what we did before. When you've got all that combined, it's fireworks at the end of the day."
And it's those fireworks that propel "Brenda and Sonny" into legendary "super couple" status.
"I mean, he's a legendary. I'm just along for the ride," said Giovinazzo.
They'll start throwing the rice on "General Hospital" beginning Friday, Feb. 18.
abc, soap opera, television, hollywood wrap, george pennacchio
- Secret Service probe Target security breach 25 min ago
- IE man who died in custody was high on PCP
- Congress passes bipartisan budget agreement
- South LA grandmother found dead in apartment
- Mulholland Bridge over I-405 finally opens
- $5.8M settlement reached in Calif. race crash
- 1 of 4 missing women found; mystery remains
- 96 animals rescued from 2 Los Angeles homes
- Harvard student admits to hoax to avoid final
- abcnews: DA pushes to jail 'affluenza' teen
- White House panel urges limit on NSA snooping
- Paul Walker crash: No mechanical issues
- 'Anchorman 2' is overhyped, but still funny
- OTRC: Justin Bieber retiring? Manager responds