Renner talks about his 2nd Oscar nomination
HOLLYWOOD, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Actor Jeremy Renner is on a roll.
He's currently shooting "Mission: Impossible 4;" he's got "Hansel & Gretel" and "The Avengers" lined up; plus, he's up for his second Oscar in two years, this time for his supporting role in "The Town."
Renner's portrayal of a career criminal in "The Town" got this town talking again.
"I'd be remiss not to enjoy every moment of it happening only once in my life," said Renner. "And now, happening twice is unfathomable to me, so I enjoy every moment of it."
Renner's first Academy Award nomination came for his lead role in the war drama, "The Hurt Locker." He brought his mom to last year's ceremony and she will be his Oscar date this year too.
Renner sees his home as a safe, tranquil place in a chaotic world, and it's home with some real Hollywood history.
"We restored a once tremendous property that Preston Sturges used to own to its glory days," said Renner. "Meticulous in the finishes to the size of the rooms, the scales of things. Charlie Chaplin was married in our living room, I don't know which marriage. I think he was married three times, but one of those."
Renner has a real respect for classic Hollywood and his dining room is filled with faces from show business past. If he could, he'd have a dinner party with some of those dearly departed sitting around his table.
"Might as well have a Cagney up in there," said Renner. "That'd be pretty cool, right? I would love to have Preston Sturges here at the head of the table. I would love that. Mae West, Charlie Chaplin, throw them in there. They've all been a part of this property. I'd want to have them all back up in here to share some stories."
Once Renner is finished shooting "Mission: Impossible 4" next month, he's immediately off to Berlin to film "Hansel & Gretel."
academy awards, celebrity, movie news, hollywood wrap, george pennacchio
- Suspect arrested in South LA teen kidnap, rape 6 min ago
- Claremont sexual predator ID'd, arrested
- 7.2-magnitude earthquake strikes Mexico
- E-cigarette ban in public to go into effect
- Oakland woman collapses at Coachella, dies
- Prop 8 lawyer's views on gay marriage changing
- Whittier standoff with hostage ends peacefully
- 4 sought in Highland home-invasion robbery
- South Korea ferry captain arrested - Yonhap 10 min ago
- Mount Everest avalanche kills at least 12
- abcnews: Workers caught filing false injury claims
- Pro-Russian insurgents ignore diplomatic deal
- Sub scours ocean for missing Malaysian jet
- OTRC: 'Scandal' recap - 5 highlights (Spoilers)