Renner talks about his 2nd Oscar nomination
HOLLYWOOD, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Actor Jeremy Renner is on a roll.
He's currently shooting "Mission: Impossible 4;" he's got "Hansel & Gretel" and "The Avengers" lined up; plus, he's up for his second Oscar in two years, this time for his supporting role in "The Town."
Renner's portrayal of a career criminal in "The Town" got this town talking again.
"I'd be remiss not to enjoy every moment of it happening only once in my life," said Renner. "And now, happening twice is unfathomable to me, so I enjoy every moment of it."
Renner's first Academy Award nomination came for his lead role in the war drama, "The Hurt Locker." He brought his mom to last year's ceremony and she will be his Oscar date this year too.
Renner sees his home as a safe, tranquil place in a chaotic world, and it's home with some real Hollywood history.
"We restored a once tremendous property that Preston Sturges used to own to its glory days," said Renner. "Meticulous in the finishes to the size of the rooms, the scales of things. Charlie Chaplin was married in our living room, I don't know which marriage. I think he was married three times, but one of those."
Renner has a real respect for classic Hollywood and his dining room is filled with faces from show business past. If he could, he'd have a dinner party with some of those dearly departed sitting around his table.
"Might as well have a Cagney up in there," said Renner. "That'd be pretty cool, right? I would love to have Preston Sturges here at the head of the table. I would love that. Mae West, Charlie Chaplin, throw them in there. They've all been a part of this property. I'd want to have them all back up in here to share some stories."
Once Renner is finished shooting "Mission: Impossible 4" next month, he's immediately off to Berlin to film "Hansel & Gretel."
academy awards, celebrity, movie news, hollywood wrap, george pennacchio
- Los Angeles mayoral race: Eric Garcetti wins
- Oklahoma tornado damage could top $2 billion 21 min ago
- Prop D, limit on pot shops in LA, passes
- 'DWTS' season finale: New champion crowned
- Bear roams around Shadow Hills neighborhood 59 min ago
- LA city attorney race: Mike Feuer wins
- Ron Galperin wins LA city controller race
- Immigration bill approved by Senate committee
- Jodi Arias jury sentencing deliberations begin
- abcnews: Man fatally shot in Boston bombing probe 14 min ago
- Bin Laden photos: Court sides with US govt
- Kings lose to Sharks 2-1, series tied 2-2
- MJ wrongful death trial: Damaging emails surface
- Photos: 'Dancing With The Stars' week 10