Hines Ward brings winning spirit to 'Dancing'
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Football great Hines Ward is bringing his winning spirit to the dance floor. Week five of "Dancing With The Stars" saw him earning the highest judges' scores so far this season.
"Three 9s is phenomenal," Ward said after his performance on Monday night.
Ward's partner Kym Johnson said it was an amazing feeling to get the high scores because the Rumba is a tough dance, especially for men.
"And it was my first slow dance of the year. All my dances have been upbeat, so I was really a little nervous," Ward said.
Johnson said it was an unromantic week of rehearsals because the two kept bumping into each other and bumping heads.
"It was like really awkward," Johnson said.
The awkwardness was long gone by the time the two performed, and now, halfway through the competition, they are on their way to not just conquering "Dancing With The Stars," but maybe, the world.
"The Hine and Kim nation," Ward joked.
dancing with the stars, celebrity, television, hollywood wrap, george pennacchio
- OC sheriff's reserve sergeant found beaten 35 min ago
- UK attack driven by radical Islam - officials
- Los Angeles mayoral race: Eric Garcetti wins
- Man shot to death in Boston bombing probe
- Model murder trial: Case in hands of jury
- Injured volunteer wants thousands from hiker
- Prop D, limit on pot shops in LA, passes
- Okla. tornado tore through 13,000 buildings
- abcnews: US IDs 4 Americans killed by drones
- Arias jury stuck but must keep deliberating
- Curious about caviar? Class available in WeHo
- Virgin tops, Spirit flops in airline survey
- 'DWTS' season finale: New champion crowned
- PHOTOS: 'Dancing With The Stars' finale