Hines Ward brings winning spirit to 'Dancing'
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Football great Hines Ward is bringing his winning spirit to the dance floor. Week five of "Dancing With The Stars" saw him earning the highest judges' scores so far this season.
"Three 9s is phenomenal," Ward said after his performance on Monday night.
Ward's partner Kym Johnson said it was an amazing feeling to get the high scores because the Rumba is a tough dance, especially for men.
"And it was my first slow dance of the year. All my dances have been upbeat, so I was really a little nervous," Ward said.
Johnson said it was an unromantic week of rehearsals because the two kept bumping into each other and bumping heads.
"It was like really awkward," Johnson said.
The awkwardness was long gone by the time the two performed, and now, halfway through the competition, they are on their way to not just conquering "Dancing With The Stars," but maybe, the world.
"The Hine and Kim nation," Ward joked.
dancing with the stars, celebrity, television, hollywood wrap, george pennacchio
- Pedestrians fatally struck in Norwalk ID'd
- Compton shootings leave 2 dead within hours
- Stage collapses at OC high school; 25 injured
- Malaysia missing jet: Door possibly found
- 2 SoCal hikers die amid record-breaking heat 21 min ago
- 2 LAPD officers injured in West L.A. crash
- 3 attacked by bees in La Canada Flintridge
- Dana Point shooting suspect sought by deputies
- State oversight may tame California pot shops
- Car bomb attack kills at least 42 in Iraq
- abcnews: Skydiver collides with plane in Fla. 3 min ago
- Ukraine won't budge '1 centimeter' from land
- '300' sequel rules box office w/ $45.1M debut
- Photos: 'Revenge's Emily VanCamp: 15 Sexiest Looks