'DWTS' wrestler can't pin down the Tango
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Two professional dancers on "Dancing With The Stars" were in pain Monday night after unfortunate accidents on the dance floor.
The couples got to choose a song that they love but are a bit embarrassed by during "Guilty Pleasures" theme night
Dancing to "My Heart Will Go On" from the epic "Titanic," Romeo and partner Chelsie Hightower got the season's first 10 along with two nines to tie for first place with 28 out of 30 points, their best score yet.
"I feel like I'm on top of the world," Romeo said.
Chelsea Kane and her partner, Mark Ballas, also got a 10 on their way to 28 points dancing to "Walking on Sunshine." And that was after Ballas sprained his ankle during dress rehearsal.
Just a point behind them with triple nines are Hines Ward and partner Kym Johnson. Ward chose a Boyz II Men song "The End of the Road."
"I just want to be in the top three," Ward said. "That's the thing because three couples go to the finals,so we finish in the top three."
In fourth place with 26 points are Kirstie Alley and Maksim Chmerkovskiy. They did a spirited dance to Britney Spears' "Hit Me baby One More Time."
Coming in fifth place was Kendra Wilkinson, who was busy doing a Samba to "Livin' la Vida Loca" that got her 25 points, her best score yet.
"I shook my way out of my shell," she said beaming.
Ralph Macchio and Karina Smirnoff ended up in sixth place with triple eights for their routine to "Everybody Dance Now."
Smirnoff fell hard after stepping on Macchio's coat and slipping.
"It was a great number and we had a mishap," Macchio said. "It's live theater. All I cared about was that she was okay and then it was show time."
With 22 points for the Tango to "Don't Stop Believin'" by Journey, Chris Jericho found himself at the bottom of the leader board for the first time.
"We did the best we could do on this night and people will respond by either agreeing with us or saying, 'We know you can do better,' or saying, 'We want these guys off the show,'" he said. "If that's the case, then thanks a lot and we'll see you later dudes."
dancing with the stars, celebrity, television, hollywood wrap, george pennacchio
- Ambulance crash: 4 injured in Signal Hill 25 min ago
- S.Korea ferry crew actions were 'murderous' 57 min ago
- Teen survives CA to HI flight in wheel well 41 min ago
- DUI driver slams car into LA home; girl dead
- Alleged arsonist Tased by police in Hollywood 54 min ago
- 2 nurses stabbed in separate hospital attacks
- LAPD officer hurt in Northridge 4-car crash
- Oxnard pedestrian hit at intersection, dies
- Drone in Yemen kills 9 al Qaeda members
- abcnews: Car bursts into flames in lion habitat
- Hyun-Jin Ryu raises money for ferry victims
- Kevin Sharp, country singer, dies at age 43
- 'Capt. America' tops box office for 3rd week
- OTRC: Kate Mara on 'Transcendence,' terrorist role
- Kettlebells can help burn calories fast
42 min ago