Burbank rival choirs join forces to raise money
BURBANK, Calif. (KABC) -- Two local championship choirs are joining forces this weekend to raise money to help support the arts in their city's schools.
Burbank High School's In Sync show choir and the Powerhouse show choir from John Burroughs High School headline the "All American Show Choir Super Show" at Burbank's Starlight Bowl Amphitheatre on Saturday night, with an added boost from Broadway star Susan Egan.
The real boost will be all the money raised to support visual and performing arts programs in all of Burbank's public schools.
"It's so awesome too, to be able to do this for arts education. It means so much to all of us, so to be able to help really, really makes me happy," said Kayla Tobey of John Burroughs High School.
"All this magic is going on, and we're working for kids that want to come into the programs next year," said Andreh Fiterz of Burbank High School.
When it comes to the weekend show, this is one time when the two choirs are in celebration instead of in competition.
"We've gotten really to know Burbank. They're not just our competition anymore. Now they've become our friends, and we've gotten to know them, and it's been such a great experience," Tobey said.
Actress Dot Jones of "Glee" will be hosting the show, and Entertainment Guru George Pennacchio will be her co-host. Tickets are still available. For more information, visit burbankartsforall.org .
music news, burbank, hollywood wrap, george pennacchio
- 2 LB suspects accused of human trafficking
- Anaheim begins closing marijuana dispensaries
- Odor forces evacuation of Pasadena building
- Memorial Day: Gas prices aren't stopping drivers
- Palmdale boy dies after allegedly being tortured
- Are bridges in Southern California safe?
- LA attempted murder suspect caught in Colo.
- Committee approves dental care to Medi-Cal
- Truck in bridge collapse had permit to cross
- UK-bound Pakistan plane diverted; 2 arrested
- abcnews: New clues to 'frustrated' Boston suspect
- New flu vaccine made from tobacco plant in works
- 'The Rock' returns for 'Fast & Furious 6'
- OTRC: Leonardo DiCaprio space trip nabs $1.5 mill