'Celeb' dogs strut their stuff for adoption
WEST HOLLYWOOD, Calif. (KABC) -- Forget the Paparazzi. The pup-a-razzi was out in full force Wednesday night for a fashion show featuring dogs in need of adoption.
The Amanda Foundation came to the rescue through its second annual Patterns for Paws fundraiser at the Pacific Design Center in West Hollywood.
Who was there? Jennifer Lo-Paws in a canine version of a J-Lo classic. Natalie Poochman was also there, as well as Brad Pit Bull.
"These dogs are available for adoption, too. So, you know, if you see an outfit you really have to have, you're going to have to take the dog with it," said Kevin Nealon, the event's host.
"Times are tough and it's hard to get people to open their wallets. When they look at these faces, it's hard to say no," said Teri Austin of the Amanda Foundation.
In Latin, "amanda" means "worthy of love," and the foundation gave a "Worthy of Love" award to actress Pauley Perrette, a 15-year supporter and volunteer.
"I started out as a volunteer, just walking dogs and cleaning cages. Then I adopted my first one and then my second one, one of our most difficult dogs we've ever had. She is brain-damaged, rescue, really badly abused and I took her home for the weekend to try to socialize her and that was 10 years ago," Perrette saud,
charity, animal news, hollywood wrap, george pennacchio
- NKorea deports captive American war veteran
- Covina home-invasion robbery: girl, dad shot
- Ex-detective arrested for tipping off gang
- Nelson Mandela's legacy honored around world 28 min ago
- 'Valley Bandit' wanted for 8 bank robberies
- Family settles over Chino school gun accident
- Suspected heist reported, 12 tons of pot found
- New Mexico cop fired after minivan shooting
- abcnews: Bill Clinton reveals insights from Mandela
- 6 detained in theft of radioactive material
- Smartphone apps for a better night's sleep
- Long Beach motorcycle show offers demo rides
- 'Out of the Furnace' showcases pacing, acting
- OTRC: Grammys 2014 - list of nominees