David Dean Bottrell returns as one-man show on love
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Exactly five years ago on this day, David Dean Bottrell appeared on ABC7's Eyewitness News in his very first television interview.
At the time, we wanted to meet the guy who had everyone who watched "Boston Legal" cringing.
He's now offering up something completely different with "David Dean Bottrell Makes Love: A One Man Show."
In it, Bottrell shares his life stories of love, from his first girlfriend as a kid to his adult life as a gay man.
He doesn't hold back.
"Most of the time, in real life, we don't tend to really reveal what really happened on a bad date or in a bad relationship or when something goes wrong," he says. "We tend to kind of keep that underbelly hidden and part of the charm of the show is I'm out there telling the truth. I'm out there saying exactly what happened."
Bottrell's love stories aren't just about romance. He talks about his relationship with his father and how difficult it is sometimes to say I love you.
"So many guys have stayed after (the show) to say, 'Wow, I so appreciated that story about your father, I really did, because it is so, so hard to sort of say those words back and forth to your father sometimes," Bottrell says. "To say, 'I love you,' it was a journey that took me five years."
Five years ago after having given up on acting, he won the role of Lincoln Meyer on "Boston Legal." The role changed his life.
Now, besides writing and starring in his one-man show, Bottrell is also directing "Travels With My Aunt" at the Colony Theatre Company in Burbank. Four actors play 22 roles.
"David Dean Bottrell Makes Love" is at the Rogue Machine Theatre through Dec. 15.
theater news, hollywood wrap, george pennacchio
- South LA grandmother found dead in apartment
- Venice beating caught on cam; suspects sought
- Baca acknowledges deputy hiring issues
- MoneyGram scam victims receive refund checks
- Woman shot to death in Long Beach; no arrests 18 min ago
- Venice boardwalk crash victims recount ordeal
- Proposed power plant splits Palmdale, Lancaster
- LAX suspect indicted on 1st-degree murder
- Man kills himself, 1 other at Reno hospital
- Reporter rejects Toronto mayor's apology
- Colorado school shooter wrote plan on arm
- abcnews: Father, daughter recreate wedding photos
- Timberlake helps fan propose to girlfriend
- Photos: Meryl Streep, Julia Roberts at 'August' debut
- Latest weather with Garth Kemp
12 min ago
- Illinois students spread joy w/ Dial-a -Carol
13 min ago