Katherine Heigl gets accent in 'One for the Money'
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- "One for the Money" is one in a series of best-selling novels by author Janet Evanovich. Actress and producer Katherine Heigl brought the story to life on the big screen.
In the film, Heigl's character, Stephanie Plum, takes a job as a New Jersey bounty hunter working for her cousin, a bail bondsman.
Heigl gets physical in the film, but that wasn't the toughest part of the role. She had to master that Jersey accent.
"I'm hoping that it's close enough that the rest of the world ... will buy it. That's my goal," she said. "It's really hard to nail an accent and to stay consistent with it. That was always my big thing."
The scenes she didn't want to go back and shoot multiple takes on involved her near nudity.
"We got it over pretty quickly," she said.
Heigl may have been nearly naked, but the set always seemed fully dressed - with junk food.
"(Stephanie Plum) never stops eating, it was driving me nuts," Heigl said. "In one scene, we're sitting in the rain, and I'm eating handfuls of Skittles. By the time that scene was over, I never wanted to see another Skittle in my life."
"One for the Money" is rated PG-13 and is in theaters this weekend.
movie news, hollywood wrap, george pennacchio
- Secret Service probe Target security breach
- IE man who died in custody was high on PCP
- Congress passes bipartisan budget agreement
- South LA grandmother found dead in apartment 53 min ago
- Man convicted at 16 resentenced under new law 13 min ago
- Mulholland Bridge over I-405 finally opens
- $5.8M settlement reached in Calif. race crash
- 1 of 4 missing women found; mystery remains
- Harvard student admits to hoax to avoid final
- abcnews: DA pushes to jail 'affluenza' teen
- White House panel urges limit on NSA snooping
- Paul Walker crash: No mechanical issues
- 'Anchorman 2' is overhyped, but still funny
- OTRC: Justin Bieber retiring? Manager responds
- Latest weather with Dallas Raines
38 min ago