Sherri Shepherd loves hooker role in 'One for the Money'
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Talk show host Sherri Shepherd is doing a little big-screen moonlighting with her role in the movie, "One for the Money."
Shepherd is taking a little time to enjoy her part in the new movie, which is based on a book by mystery writer Janet Evanovich. The actress plays a prostitute, and she couldn't be happier.
"I love it, because she's a hooker with a heart of gold," said Shepherd, who said she's been a fan of Evanovich's books for over seven years.
"When I first read it, I said, 'Oh my gosh, lord, if this is ever made into a movie, please let me play Lula," said Shepherd, who added she knows the character like the back of her hand.
On TV, Shepherd has her own style on "The View" and a room full of wigs to keep her look changing.
For "One for the Money," she was ready to show it all.
"I said let's do craziest stuff, let's do the craziest hair, and she's a bigger character in the movie and in the books, so when I came, I said I don't need a stunt double. I'll bring my own back fat, it's in the suitcase. Put that back fat on, no Spanx were allowed anywhere near me. I wore spandex, let my stomach hang out, and it was lovely. Lovely," said Shepherd.
While Sheperd is celebrating her role in "One for the Money," she's also thrilled for two of her friends, Viola Davis and Octavia Spencer, both up for Oscars for "The Help."
"Octavia Spencer, Viola Davis, 'The Help,' I've been in the trenches with Octavia for the longest. Me and Viola, we were greeters at church. Those are my girls, and I swear, I will be in tears if they take home that statue," she said.
We'll find out Feb. 26.
"One for the Money" is in theatres this weekend.
movie news, hollywood wrap, george pennacchio
- Reseda shooting: 1 dead, 1 injured, 1 arrested
- Tour bus crash in Corona: 91-yr-old man dies
- Target probe focuses on processing centers
- Woman gives $500 to friend who's a single mom
- Pope's message to end hunger hits home in IE
- Slain chase suspect's family files $20M claim
- Fallbrook tour bus crash: Victim identified
- Judge orders hospital to keep girl on support
- Helicopter gunships used in MX resort battle
- abcnews: One of Van Gogh's last paintings unveiled
- San Jose company recalls sausage products
- Jewelry shopping tips: How to avoid rip-offs
- Ned Vizzini, popular author, dies at age 32
- OTRC: Beyonce kisses Madonna's daughter (Photo)