4-legged star of 'The Artist' is Hollywood's top dog
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- You could call him the big screen's official top dog. Uggie, the four-legged star in "The Artist," is the first to receive a Golden Collar Award for work in a feature film.
"He has been my buddy forever, and a great performer, but at the same time he is a great family member, he sleeps with us, and he is getting kinda old, and it's just overwhelming," said Uggie's trainer, Omar Von Muller. "Thank you so much!"
Dogs of all shapes and sizes were on hand for the one-of-a-kind red carpet. And while Uggie seems to know he's slayed audiences with his performance in "The Artist," this 10-year-old star is on his way to retirement.
"That was pretty much his big shot that he had, now he's having fun, taking pictures, coming out here, and licking the lady's faces. He's just become a Brad Pitt all of a sudden," Von Muller said.
movie news, hollywood wrap, george pennacchio
- Fallbrook bus crash: 1 dead, several injured
- Tour bus overturns on 15 Freeway in Corona
- Baca says special hiring program dismantled
- Help Garth stuff buses full of toys in Anaheim 34 min ago
- Kelly Thomas trial: Cause of death revisited
- Moorpark High closed after threatening note
- abcnews: Missing medical resident's car found
- Kate Middleton phone messages read in court
- London theater partial collapse; 75+ hurt
- Target security breach: 40M possibly affected
- Local woman receives seizure-treating implant
- Kobe Bryant injured again, will miss 6 weeks
- Farrah Fawcett portrait belongs to O'Neal
- OTRC: Kristen Johnston diagnosed w/ Lupus Myelitis