Jimmy Kimmel excited about post-Oscar show w/ Oprah Winfrey
HOLLYWOOD, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Jimmy Kimmel is excited about his post-Academy Awards special show on Sunday, featuring his new friend, Oprah Winfrey.
He's joked about Winfrey since he's been part of the late-night landscape, but now during his 10th season, Winfrey and Kimmel have finally met. To say Kimmel was impressed is an understatement.
"You see people on television and you think, 'Oh, well, that's what they are on television,' and then you meet them and you're like, 'Oh my god, not only is she as good as on television, she's actually better than on television,'" he said. "I'm serious. I have to say, I was bowled over by Oprah. I really was."
The same goes for the rest of Kimmel's staff.
Kimmel's post-Oscar show will also include a new all-star sketch. This one is based on the biggest movie ever made. It's title: "Movie: The Movie."
"'Movie: The Movie' is a celebration of life, it's a celebration of laughter, it's a celebration of actors who frankly don't get celebrated enough," said George Clooney, who is in the sketch along with Meryl Streep and other big names.
"Movie: The Movie" promises laughter music, big stars, and Kimmel joked that maybe Oprah might even give everyone a car.
academy awards, oprah winfrey, hollywood wrap, george pennacchio
- 4 kids abducted by parents in Boyle Heights
- Woman's remains, clothes found at Orange County wilderness park
- Malaysia missing jet: Focus turns to pilots
- Comedian David Brenner dies at age 78
- Tustin theater evacuated for investigation
- Burbank stabbing leaves 2 in serious condition
- High-speed chase leads to arrests, 5 injuries
- Young woman's body found in Santa Paula park
- Brush fire erupts in Thermal, near Indio
- abcnews: NJ mom who hired hit man speaks out
- Ukraine: Russian forces move outside Crimea
- Sailor in iconic WWII kissing photo dies
- Honda Odysseys recalled amid fuel leak fears
- OTRC: Jamie Lynn Spears, 22, gets married - report