'Dancing With The Stars' gets some soul from Gladys Knight
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- R&B singer Gladys Knight has been belting out the hits for decades. Now, the Motown mama is bringing some soul to season 14 of "Dancing With The Stars."
Knight first ignited the music industry in the 1950s and her soulful music touched millions. But this time around all her soul will be on the dance floor.
"It's been a while since I've dressed like this, but back in my early days I used to wear the back out all the time and deep V's and stuff like that," said Knight. "It was always fun and it always made you feel very feminine, and as I matured of course so did my wardrobe."
"It's really fun and it is all about dance," said Knight. You use your legs and you use your feet, and to me it's an asset when they can really see how you're using them so I like it."
With millions of fans and followers, there is one fan who may be the proudest- her grandson.
"He was so excited and I was happy for him, you know he was so proud," said Knight.
"Dancing With The Stars" returns with a two-hour season premiere on Monday, March 19, at 8 p.m. on ABC7.
dancing with the stars, celebrity, television, abc, hollywood wrap, george pennacchio
- I-5 through Grapevine reopens w/ CHP escorts
- Quick, cold front brings rain, chance of snow
- US vet Merrill Newman back in CA from NKorea
- 4 killed in OC crash; alcohol, speed involved
- Hawthorne stabbing: 1 killed, probe underway
- 87-year-old rescued from OC mobile home fire
- Manhattan Beach offers free parking downtown
- Ex-detective arrested for tipping off gang
- New Mexico cop fired after minivan shooting
- Nelson Mandela's legacy honored around world
- abcnews: Alleged cannibal ran hotel w/ grill area
- Mystery donor gives $50K to MO Salvation Army 49 min ago
- 'Out of the Furnace' showcases pacing, acting
- OTRC: Brian the dog returning to 'Family Guy'?