Will Ferrell's 'Casa de mi Padre': Expect the unexpected
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- You can expect the unexpected from actor Will Ferrell, and that's certainly what you get with his latest film, "Casa de mi Padre." For the entire movie, Ferrell speaks Spanish.
"This is an homage to all my former Spanish teachers to show them I was listening. I was paying attention," Ferrell said. "It's a telenovela mixed with a Mexican spaghetti western. It's many movies rolled into one. That's what I love about it. I think of it in a positive way, it's not a very cliché-packed movie. It's unlike anything you've ever seen."
Mexican actors Diego Luna and Gael Garcia Bernal co-star with Ferrell. He loved allowing them to show a different side of their talent.
"Diego and Gael, they're truly funny guys. I mean they don't get that many chances to do comedy. And they're funny in any language," Ferrell said.
And as a producer, Ferrell also knew Luna would be the ideal actor to play his brother.
"Well, the resemblance, yeah. I wish I had a nickel for every time I was stopped at the airport saying, 'Are you a tall, older Diego Luna by any chance?'"
"Casa de Mi Padre" is rated R.
celebrity, movie news, hollywood wrap, george pennacchio
- Injured LAPD officer released from hospital 57 min ago
- LA Marathon: Ethiopian runners sweep race 37 min ago
- Stage collapses at OC high school; 25 injured
- Malaysia missing jet: Door possibly found
- Teen survives 5 Fwy crash, killed by traffic
- San Dimas boat crash leaves 1 dead, 1 injured 8 min ago
- Los Angeles Marathon 2014 street closures
- Bees attack 71-year-old woman in Palm Desert
- IE WWII Medal of Honor recipient laid to rest
- L.A. man wanted in attempted Banksy theft
- abcnews: Ex-FBI agent in captivity for 7 years
- Ukraine won't budge '1 centimeter' from land
- William Clay Ford, Lions owner, dies
- Photos: 'Revenge's Emily VanCamp: 15 Sexiest Looks