Will Ferrell's 'Casa de mi Padre': Expect the unexpected
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- You can expect the unexpected from actor Will Ferrell, and that's certainly what you get with his latest film, "Casa de mi Padre." For the entire movie, Ferrell speaks Spanish.
"This is an homage to all my former Spanish teachers to show them I was listening. I was paying attention," Ferrell said. "It's a telenovela mixed with a Mexican spaghetti western. It's many movies rolled into one. That's what I love about it. I think of it in a positive way, it's not a very cliché-packed movie. It's unlike anything you've ever seen."
Mexican actors Diego Luna and Gael Garcia Bernal co-star with Ferrell. He loved allowing them to show a different side of their talent.
"Diego and Gael, they're truly funny guys. I mean they don't get that many chances to do comedy. And they're funny in any language," Ferrell said.
And as a producer, Ferrell also knew Luna would be the ideal actor to play his brother.
"Well, the resemblance, yeah. I wish I had a nickel for every time I was stopped at the airport saying, 'Are you a tall, older Diego Luna by any chance?'"
"Casa de Mi Padre" is rated R.
celebrity, movie news, hollywood wrap, george pennacchio
- Delivery man fatally shot in South Los Angeles
- Bus crash: Driver remembered as a 'hero'
- Westlake High coach accused of sex with teen
- SKorea ferry accident: 10 more bodies pulled
- 2 boys molested at different South Bay parks
- Orange County carport collapses; no one hurt
- East Hollywood fire: Garage heavily damaged
- Del Taco customers charged thousands for meal
- Free admission offered to all national parks
- abcnews: Eclectic early summer festivals
- 13th body pulled following Everest avalanche
- Documents detail another delayed GM recall
- Mickey Rooney buried at Hollywood Forever
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus postpones whole tour