'Batman Live' world tour coming to LA, OC
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- "Batman Live" started soaring in England to rave reviews last July. This September, the live arena show will hit American soil, first at Honda Center in Anaheim, then at Staples Center in downtown Los Angeles.
Sam Heughan, who plays the caped crusader and his alter-ego Bruce Wayne, says there's lots of thrills in store for spectators.
"We do a lot of flying in the show. There's also illusions, there's pyrotechnics, there's acrobatics, there's trapeze work," he said."It's a comic book come to life on stage."
The show features a cast of 42 performers who all understand the need for precision.
"You can go see a TV show or a film and they get a couple of takes at it, but we have to get it right every night and that's the thrill of it," Heughan said.
Heughan said the cast had a two-week boot camp - Batman boot camp - that included a lot of martial arts and a lot of sword-fighting and stick fighting.
Heughan said "Batman Live" is a fun show that's suitable for all ages. There's even an all-new Batmobile.
"It's an immersive experience," Heughan said. "You go into the auditorium and you go into Gotham City and you're like one of the residents and you don't get to escape until the end."
Tickets for "Batman Live" go on sale Friday.
theater news, hollywood wrap, george pennacchio
- Body found at Anaheim trash recycling center 41 min ago
- Brush fire burning near Gorman by Quail Lake
- Pinkberry co-founder sentenced in 2011 beating
- Malaysia plane disappearance deliberate?
- OC 'flasher' suspect captured in San Diego
- Man who hoarded snakes in OC home charged
- Perris pastor arrested for rape of minor
- Woman, horse rescued at Angeles Nat'l Forest
- CA couple allegedly left child in car to gamble
- Pistorius photographed in bloodied prosthetics
- abcnews: Baby girl with 2 heads born in India
- Crimea vote won't be recognized by US - Kerry
- Sailor in iconic WWII kissing photo dies
- OTRC: 'Scandal' recap - 5 highlights (Spoilers)
- Callie's Cause: Paddle, run to fight epilepsy
20 min ago