'Batman Live' world tour coming to LA, OC
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- "Batman Live" started soaring in England to rave reviews last July. This September, the live arena show will hit American soil, first at Honda Center in Anaheim, then at Staples Center in downtown Los Angeles.
Sam Heughan, who plays the caped crusader and his alter-ego Bruce Wayne, says there's lots of thrills in store for spectators.
"We do a lot of flying in the show. There's also illusions, there's pyrotechnics, there's acrobatics, there's trapeze work," he said."It's a comic book come to life on stage."
The show features a cast of 42 performers who all understand the need for precision.
"You can go see a TV show or a film and they get a couple of takes at it, but we have to get it right every night and that's the thrill of it," Heughan said.
Heughan said the cast had a two-week boot camp - Batman boot camp - that included a lot of martial arts and a lot of sword-fighting and stick fighting.
Heughan said "Batman Live" is a fun show that's suitable for all ages. There's even an all-new Batmobile.
"It's an immersive experience," Heughan said. "You go into the auditorium and you go into Gotham City and you're like one of the residents and you don't get to escape until the end."
Tickets for "Batman Live" go on sale Friday.
theater news, hollywood wrap, george pennacchio
- Monterey Park fire engine crash injures 15 26 min ago
- Bell corruption: Rizzo gets 12 years in prison
- Arsonist sought in San Pedro Elks Lodge fire
- 287 missing, 9 dead in SKorea ferry disaster
- Google Glass robbers target Venice resident
- Victim found on 605 Freeway dies of injuries
- 'Luger Bandit' bank robbery suspect caught
- Distracted-driving trial: OC jury deadlocks
- Solvang ordnance scare prompts evacuations 54 min ago
- Boston Marathon hoax: Suspect is bipolar
- abcnews: Missing girls case solved 40 years later
- Jay-Z's Made in America festival announced
- 'X-Men' director accused of sexual assault 19 min ago
- OTRC: AC/DC: Malcolm Young taking break
- Vigils held for 2 NorCal bus crash victims
3 min ago