'Batman Live' world tour coming to LA, OC
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- "Batman Live" started soaring in England to rave reviews last July. This September, the live arena show will hit American soil, first at Honda Center in Anaheim, then at Staples Center in downtown Los Angeles.
Sam Heughan, who plays the caped crusader and his alter-ego Bruce Wayne, says there's lots of thrills in store for spectators.
"We do a lot of flying in the show. There's also illusions, there's pyrotechnics, there's acrobatics, there's trapeze work," he said."It's a comic book come to life on stage."
The show features a cast of 42 performers who all understand the need for precision.
"You can go see a TV show or a film and they get a couple of takes at it, but we have to get it right every night and that's the thrill of it," Heughan said.
Heughan said the cast had a two-week boot camp - Batman boot camp - that included a lot of martial arts and a lot of sword-fighting and stick fighting.
Heughan said "Batman Live" is a fun show that's suitable for all ages. There's even an all-new Batmobile.
"It's an immersive experience," Heughan said. "You go into the auditorium and you go into Gotham City and you're like one of the residents and you don't get to escape until the end."
Tickets for "Batman Live" go on sale Friday.
theater news, hollywood wrap, george pennacchio
- Fallbrook bus crash leaves 1 dead, 22 hurt 3 min ago
- Tour bus rolls over on 15 Freeway in Corona 49 min ago
- London theater partial collapse; 80+ hurt
- Rain, winds moving across Southern California
- Moorpark High closed after threatening note 51 min ago
- School hacking: Tutor wanted for questioning
- India wants NYC arrested diplomat case dropped
- Rodman in NKorea to prep for basketball game
- Kate Middleton phone messages read in court 12 min ago
- abcnews: Missing medical resident's car found 59 min ago
- Kobe Bryant injured again, will miss 6 weeks
- Katie Couric's talk show to end this summer 29 min ago
- Farrah Fawcett portrait belongs to O'Neal 5 min ago
- OTRC: Kristen Johnston diagnosed w/ Lupus Myelitis 46 min ago