'Dancing With The Stars' elimination: Sherri Shepherd goes home
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Sherri Shepherd couldn't fight back her tears after learning she was the season's third celebrity eliminated from "Dancing With The Stars."
"Thank you for letting me live a dream," she told those on the set and viewers at home.
That dream included a Foxtrot, Jive, Rumba and Tango.
After her elimination, Shepherd couldn't do the whole press line, but she did talk to me.
We've been talking now for 10 years, since she was on the sitcom "Less Than Perfect."
"I got to live a dream and you never want your dream to end," she said, "so to get off the ride so early, it's a little heartbreaking. But I'm very thankful for the ride that I got."
Shepherd's new-found family wishes the ride could have lasted longer.
"She worked so hard, and it's so hard and it's so sad," said Peta Murgatroyd, Donald Driver's partner. "She really wanted to be in there, so it's awful."
Shepherd said she wants people to know that when she cries, they're tears of joy because she's grateful.
"This was truly a family and I've met some amazing people," she said.
Shepherd was in the bottom two with one of her son's favorite stars, Roshon Fegan.
On the results show, KISS returned to the stage for a performance.
dancing with the stars, celebrity, television, abc, hollywood wrap, george pennacchio
- Burglary suspects sexually assault woman
- Sex offender arrested for sex with minor
- Boy brings loaded gun to Garden Grove school
- NYPD Twitter backlash spreads to LAPD
- Man tries to lure Culver City girl into car
- TSA responds to case on disabled LAX passenger
- $20K reward offered in unsolved Compton murder
- Man found dead outside fumigated OC house
- South Korea ferry death toll reaches 156
- abcnews: McCann probers focus on child sex attacker
- 6.7-mag. quake off British Columbia coast
- 'Bachelorette' contestant dies in accident
- Jay Z, Beyonce Rose Bowl concert approved
- OTRC: Jodie Foster weds partner Alexandra Hedison