'Dancing With The Stars' elimination: Sherri Shepherd goes home
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Sherri Shepherd couldn't fight back her tears after learning she was the season's third celebrity eliminated from "Dancing With The Stars."
"Thank you for letting me live a dream," she told those on the set and viewers at home.
That dream included a Foxtrot, Jive, Rumba and Tango.
After her elimination, Shepherd couldn't do the whole press line, but she did talk to me.
We've been talking now for 10 years, since she was on the sitcom "Less Than Perfect."
"I got to live a dream and you never want your dream to end," she said, "so to get off the ride so early, it's a little heartbreaking. But I'm very thankful for the ride that I got."
Shepherd's new-found family wishes the ride could have lasted longer.
"She worked so hard, and it's so hard and it's so sad," said Peta Murgatroyd, Donald Driver's partner. "She really wanted to be in there, so it's awful."
Shepherd said she wants people to know that when she cries, they're tears of joy because she's grateful.
"This was truly a family and I've met some amazing people," she said.
Shepherd was in the bottom two with one of her son's favorite stars, Roshon Fegan.
On the results show, KISS returned to the stage for a performance.
dancing with the stars, celebrity, television, abc, hollywood wrap, george pennacchio
- Boston Marathon hoax: Suspect is bipolar 18 min ago
- 292 missing, 4 dead in S. Korea ferry disaster 1 min ago
- West Adams fire in converted garage injures 4
- Man found tied up, burned on 605 Freeway 45 min ago
- Victim's mother faces murder suspects in court
- State audit: Cudahy must repay $22.7 million
- Murrieta suspect fixated on girls' socks
- Teen caught egging homeless woman in Lancaster
- LA Register newspaper takes on digital age
- First women move into Army combat jobs
- abcnews: Conjoined twins leave Dallas hospital
- Photos: Boston Marathon bombing - 1 year later
- 'Fast & Furious' enlists Paul Walker's brothers
- OTRC: Ice Cube clarifies Paul Walker comments