'Dancing With The Stars' elimination: Sherri Shepherd goes home
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Sherri Shepherd couldn't fight back her tears after learning she was the season's third celebrity eliminated from "Dancing With The Stars."
"Thank you for letting me live a dream," she told those on the set and viewers at home.
That dream included a Foxtrot, Jive, Rumba and Tango.
After her elimination, Shepherd couldn't do the whole press line, but she did talk to me.
We've been talking now for 10 years, since she was on the sitcom "Less Than Perfect."
"I got to live a dream and you never want your dream to end," she said, "so to get off the ride so early, it's a little heartbreaking. But I'm very thankful for the ride that I got."
Shepherd's new-found family wishes the ride could have lasted longer.
"She worked so hard, and it's so hard and it's so sad," said Peta Murgatroyd, Donald Driver's partner. "She really wanted to be in there, so it's awful."
Shepherd said she wants people to know that when she cries, they're tears of joy because she's grateful.
"This was truly a family and I've met some amazing people," she said.
Shepherd was in the bottom two with one of her son's favorite stars, Roshon Fegan.
On the results show, KISS returned to the stage for a performance.
dancing with the stars, celebrity, television, abc, hollywood wrap, george pennacchio
- Venice beating caught on cam; suspects sought
- Baca acknowledges deputy hiring issues
- Hollywood burglary suspects caught on camera
- MoneyGram scam victims receive refund checks
- Venice boardwalk crash victims recount ordeal
- East LA coach charged with molesting 2 teens
- LAX suspect indicted on 1st-degree murder
- Yellowstone supervolcano bigger than thought
- Man kills himself, 1 other at Reno hospital
- Reporter rejects Toronto mayor's apology
- Colorado school shooter wrote plan on arm
- abcnews: Father, daughter recreate wedding photos
- Timberlake helps fan propose to girlfriend
- Photos: Meryl Streep, Julia Roberts at 'August' debut