'Dancing With The Stars': William Levy's Tango gets top score despite hurt ankle
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- The nine remaining teams on "Dancing With The Stars" on Monday performed the Samba, Salsa or Argentine Tango during "Latin Week."
Singer Katherine Jenkins and telenovela star William Levy both scored 29 out of 30 points for their Argentine Tangos.
Levy took the stage just hours after he got an MRI for an ankle injury.
"I was a little worried about my ankle getting worse, but thank God it didn't and thank God we went through the routine good," he said.
Also feeling the pressure, Jenkins said she needs to take the competition a week at a time.
"I have friends and family that want to come here and visit and I won't let them book flights," she said.
Two points behind them in another two-way tie were TV host Maria Menounos with football star Donald Driver.
"I kind of was really nervous & going into this one because this was a really, really hard one," she said
In one of the night's most memorable moves, Driver twirled his partner.
"I didn't even have to do anything. I just laid back, took my legs back and he took me for a ride," said Driver's partner Peta Murgatroyd. "Felt good!"
Roshon Fegan danced to fifth place with his Salsa.
"I hope I brought the sexy," Fegan said. "That was my objective tonight, just to man it up a little bit and have a good time."
Jaleel White's Samba got him 24 points, good enough for sixth place.
"I had a good time entertaining the crowd tonight," White said. "I wish I could have got better scores, but this is where we rely on the fans."
Gladys Knight danced the Samba, too, and got a standing ovation for her seventh place finish. She got 22 points.
"That's what entertainment is all about, when you can make people feel that joy or that happiness when you're doing it," she said.
Melissa Gilbert came in eighth place with her 21 points, and her partner is concerned they may be in Tuesday's judges' dance-off because of it.
"If we're in bottom two, judges are going to let us go," Maksim Chmerkovskiy said. "I feel almost sorry to Melissa for having me as a partner. I feel like I'm a liability."
Gavin DeGraw feels like he's in danger after landing in last place with a Samba that scored 19.
"I need a rescue," he said. "I can't swim. I don't want to have to doggy paddle it. It's tough."
The bottom two dance Tuesday night, then the judges pick who goes home.
- See backstage interview with Jaleel White
- See backstage interview with Gladys Knight
- See backstage interview with Gavin DeGraw
- See backstage interview with Maria Menounos
- See backstage interview with Roshon Fegan
- See backstage interview with Katherine Jenkins
- See backstage interview with Donald Driver
- See backstage interview with William Levy
dancing with the stars, celebrity, television, abc, hollywood wrap, george pennacchio
- Las Vegas casino shooting video released
- NASA: Cooling pump on space station shuts down
- Wife, sister shot in purported mercy killings
- Disabled councilman knocked out in Devore crash
- Mansion party arrests: Teens post pics online
- Human remains found in forest above Altadena
- 'Button-down Bandit' arrested after pursuit
- Prisoner reduction deadline pushed to April
- 1 dead in small plane crash off Molokai, Hawaii
- Senator's aide arrested on child porn charges
- abcnews: Bernie Madoff's 7 biggest lies
- Moving while sitting can prevent back pain
- SAG Awards: '12 Years a Slave' leads noms
- OTRC: Idina Menzel and Taye Diggs separate