'Revenge' actors Nick Wechsler, Gabriel Mann almost quit acting
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Nick Wechsler and Gabriel Mann, the stars of TV's "Revenge," are thrilled with the show's success. Both have been acting for 15-plus years. But with "Revenge," they got a bingo.
"We'd each had very lean times that made us reconsider our pursuits, so for this to come along and done what it did and go as far as it did is crazy," Wechsler said.
The show's creator was a huge fan of the nighttime soaps "Falcon Crest" and "Knots Landing," and that is not lost on the cast.
"I think taking that idea and expanding on it, riffing on it, being aware, not tongue-in-cheek but having fun with the nighttime drama concept, has been half the joy of doing the show," Mann said.
"Revenge" has its cliff hangers, but you're not left hanging too long.
"That's the great part about this show, you always find out sooner, because we've got so much story to tell, we're not trying to drag too much out for too long," Mann said.
Mann said he was planning to go into organic farming and head to culinary school if the show didn't make it.
television, abc, hollywood wrap, george pennacchio
- Metro Red, Purple lines to require Tap Card
- Journalist Michael Hastings dies in LA crash 38 min ago
- Ex-LA deputy alleges corruption in department
- Winkler removed from Saugus school board
- Video released in attack of transgender woman
- Prostitution bust at OC hotel - exclusive
- Ex-USC professor on FBI wanted list arrested
- 1,500 evacuated in wildfire near Yosemite
- Obama renews calls for nuclear reductions 30 min ago
- abcnews: TWA 800 crash not accident - investigators
- Chrysler agrees to Jeep recall over fire risk
- Heat beat Spurs 103-100, force Game 7
- Michael Jackson's personal chef testifies
- OTRC: Lil Wayne talks on American flag controversy