'Dancing With The Stars': Maria Menounos gets first perfect score of season
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Maria Menounos and partner Derek Hough on Monday earned the first perfect score this season on "Dancing With The Stars."
While Menounos' vampire-inspired killer Paso Doble earned triple 10s, her feet were a bandaged bundle of bones
"It was not pretty earlier today," she said. "I have to go to the doctor tomorrow, but I'm almost like, 'Why should I even bother?' Because I'm not going to stop."
The evening's competition also included a team Tango and a team Paso Doble. But those scores barely affected the overall leaderboard.
In second place this week were Katherine Jenkins and partner Mark Ballas, who were thrilled watching Menounos and Hough.
"I actually want to watch it back because I think we were jumping around like loonies more than they were in the background," Jenkins said.
"Every trick that they did, I was like, 'Aahh!'" Ballas said.
William Levy and partner Cheryl Burke tied for third with Donald Driver and his partner, Peta Murgatroyd.
"We're hunting for 10s and that's our goal," Driver said. "Somebody got it tonight, first couple. We're trying to match them now."
In fifth place were Roshon Fegan and his partner, Chelsie Hightower. After their Argentine Tango, judge Carrie Inaba gave him a hug.
"It was a very inviting and like a welcome back type of hug, so that just boosts our confidence to stay in the competition, be back next week and bring even more fire. We just have to," Fegan said.
In sixth place were Jaleel White and partner Kym Johnson.
"I try to search the judges for things that I can apply every week," White said. "I was very happy with the dance. Obviously, things can always be improved."
Melissa Gilbert and her partner, Maksim Chmerkovkskiy, landed in last place. They're counting on viewer votes to save them because they don't believe the judges will if they're in the dreaded dance-off.
"The only thing that will keep us in the competition is if we're not in the bottom two," Chmerkovkskiy said. "The second we're in the bottom two, we're out of here."
On the results show Tuesday, Gavin DeGraw will return to the ballroom. This time, he'll be singing.
dancing with the stars, celebrity, television, abc, hollywood wrap, george pennacchio
- Vandals break in, trash church in Palmdale
- Calif. law takes effect on microstamping guns
- Machete-wielding man shot by Inglewood police
- Body found near area where hiker went missing
- Deputies shoot, kill armed man during fight
- 1 arrested, 2 outstanding after VC pursuit
- IE woman punches officer, tries to take Taser
- LA sheriffs rescue stranded family of seven
- Tornadoes sweep across Kansas and Oklahoma 8 min ago
- abcnews: 1st lady jokes about president's failures
- Beckham in tears as he bids farewell to Paris 17 min ago
- Swift to perform at Billboard Music Awards 6 min ago
- 'Star Trek' tops box office with $70.6M debut
- OTRC: Billboard Music Awards 2013 nominees list