'Dancing With The Stars' double elimination: Roshan Fegan, Melissa Gilbert go home
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- It was double elimination night on "Dancing With The Stars" on Tuesday.
The classical singer, the telenovela star, the TV host and the football star are all moving on to the semi-finals. Left behind after a competitive week of dancing are the youngest and the oldest celebrities who were still in the game.
Disney star Roshon Fegan and his partner, Chelsie Hightower, hightail it out of the ballroom in sixth place. Viewer votes weren't enough to save them despite landing in second place this week with the judges.
"I always feel victory. I'm happy to be alive - period. That's what it is. Every moment of my life has been amazing," said Fegan. "Of course, I'm going to have a great sentimental moment and really cherish everything that just happened and miss it. I'm going to miss it terribly."
Hightower told Fegan he's the most talented partner she's had "by far."
Actress Melissa Gilbert and her partner, Maksim Chmerkovskiy, were also eliminated. With big fan support, they made it to fifth place despite being at or near the bottom of the leader board almost every week.
"My one son hugged me and said, 'You're the bravest person I know.' So I can't ask for more than that," said Gilbert
"It's been one of the best partners I had in my life, whether it's on the show or in my professional career," said Chmerkovskiy.
Gilbert said she loved the journey.
"Whatever comes next, I'm ready. I've always been ready," said Gilbert.
dancing with the stars, celebrity, television, abc, hollywood wrap, george pennacchio
- Mulholland Bridge over I-405 finally opens 51 min ago
- South LA grandmother found dead in apartment 27 min ago
- Venice beating caught on cam; suspects sought
- Baca acknowledges deputy hiring issues
- Motorcycle officer injured in Mid-City crash
- Woman shot to death in Long Beach; no arrests
- Proposed power plant splits Palmdale, Lancaster
- Big Sur fire burns 769 acres; chance of rain
- Bipartisan budget deal nears final passage
- abcnews: Pope delivers Christmas message to serve poor
- India diplomat claims cavity search in NYC
- Ronnie Biggs, 'Great Train Robber,' dies at 84
- Video: 'American Hustle' takes you back to the '70s
- Photos: Brad Pitt over the years, 1991 to present
- Latest weather with Garth Kemp
49 min ago