'Dancing With The Stars' double elimination: Roshan Fegan, Melissa Gilbert go home
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- It was double elimination night on "Dancing With The Stars" on Tuesday.
The classical singer, the telenovela star, the TV host and the football star are all moving on to the semi-finals. Left behind after a competitive week of dancing are the youngest and the oldest celebrities who were still in the game.
Disney star Roshon Fegan and his partner, Chelsie Hightower, hightail it out of the ballroom in sixth place. Viewer votes weren't enough to save them despite landing in second place this week with the judges.
"I always feel victory. I'm happy to be alive - period. That's what it is. Every moment of my life has been amazing," said Fegan. "Of course, I'm going to have a great sentimental moment and really cherish everything that just happened and miss it. I'm going to miss it terribly."
Hightower told Fegan he's the most talented partner she's had "by far."
Actress Melissa Gilbert and her partner, Maksim Chmerkovskiy, were also eliminated. With big fan support, they made it to fifth place despite being at or near the bottom of the leader board almost every week.
"My one son hugged me and said, 'You're the bravest person I know.' So I can't ask for more than that," said Gilbert
"It's been one of the best partners I had in my life, whether it's on the show or in my professional career," said Chmerkovskiy.
Gilbert said she loved the journey.
"Whatever comes next, I'm ready. I've always been ready," said Gilbert.
dancing with the stars, celebrity, television, abc, hollywood wrap, george pennacchio
- Glendora yard dug up in 35-year-old cold case 49 min ago
- OC sheriff's reserve sergeant found beaten 40 min ago
- UK attack driven by radical Islam - officials
- Model murder trial: Case in hands of jury
- Bill proposed to reduce night airport noise
- Los Angeles mayoral race: Eric Garcetti wins
- Injured volunteer wants thousands from hiker
- Okla. tornado tore through 13,000 buildings
- abcnews: US IDs 4 Americans killed by drones
- Arias jury stuck but must keep deliberating
- Curious about caviar? Class available in WeHo
- Virgin tops, Spirit flops in airline survey
- OTRC: Critics' Choice Television Awards nominees
- Tornado relief drives: More than $211K raised